From Rivals To Lovers And A Simple Little Game

Hello! Gela here! bringing you another exciting story about my (fictional) life! Well this is really a simple story and I think I would end it in a simple 20 chapters but one chapter will be nice and long unlike my other stories. Well it begins here.

I was just a normal girl in a normal school with high standards but lately, someone's been catching my eye.

His name was David, he was the only one who could beat me in our school activities like these (my achievements):

Top 2 quiz bee Math, English, and Science

Vice President of the student council

Blue belter in taekwondo

And a lot more.

Notice? I'm always in the second place or mid-level, he always beats me though I try my best, he beats me without a sweat!

I REALLY HATE HIM!

Though a lot of girls go GAGA over him, yeah I noticed that he was really good-looking, but I was never attracted by his charm! OH GREAT!

But I never really beat him before I used to top everything but ever since he showed up when we were in grade 6.

HOW WEIRD!

Today is the first day of school so I think I have a lot to look forward to.

While I was on my way to school I saw someone, and to make it worse, that person was DAVID!

I just didn't mind him until he spoke. 

"Oh hello, Ms. Number Two I guess you are stalking me." David said annoyingly.

"I am not stalking you and DON'T CALL ME MS. NUMBER TWO!" I said annoyed.

"Okay then but I'll still call you Ms. Number Two." He said mockingly.

"Hush... annoying." I said mockingly.

And we just continued to the school without saying another word.

But when we got to the gate.

"Yeeehhhhh Mr. Number One id dating Ms. Number Two!" Alex, my best friend, said mockingly.

"We are absolutely not dating!" I said annoyingly.

David remained cool and silent.

"Do you know what? You two are a perfect couple." Axl, one of David's best  friends, said.

As revenge, I told him "Yeah so are you and Sheane.".

"Shhhh!!!! Be quiet! I wouldn't want to look like an idiot here." Axl said weirdly.

"Then-do-not-tease-me-wherever-you-are." I said playfully.

"Well then, bye." David said suddenly.

"Bye then." I said.

"Ms. Number Two." David said as he waved a hand saying farewell.

"Don't call me Ms. Number Two!" I shouted as he went his way to our classroom

We were classmates ever since we were in grade six and now that I am a first year, I still have him as my classmate. Yet he was pretty annoying and mocking he was kind and he had a good attitude all the same. He and I were favored among the teachers because of our high standards and determination to beat the rest of the class. But the behavior David was showing, you couldn't call it determination! He always beats us without breaking a sweat, even in our P.E. subject he always beats me.

But though he beats me, I am always contented because I knew that I tried my best and I am not a sore loser at all.

When I got to the classroom, he was there sitting beside Axl. I hurried across and sat on a seat between Sheane and Alex. Later on I got bored and looked around and when I looked to my left, I saw David staring at me. I was like thinking "What in the world is his problem?" But as I looked at him, he turned away.

I found it pretty weird. Why would he be staring? Was it just a mere coincidence or did it have a deeper meaning? I was really confused.

Just when I turned around, I saw my teacher approaching the door. She was really pretty, she couldn't be older than 20.

And as she went in our classroom, she told us, "Hello class, I am Ms. Micah and I will be your adviser for your freshmen year in I- Chronicles, I am your English teacher, by the way. Please sit down."

 "Oh..." I thought, she had the same name as my sister. Weirrdd.

 As I was going to ask of the activities for today, suddenly, David spoke "Ma'm, are you Micah Banzon? Because my mother had a colleague before and she looks just like you."

"Yeah, my name is Micah Banzon, by chance, is your mother's name Andrea Lincoln?" Ms. Micah said hopefully.

"Yeah." David said silently.

 "Ok, then." our teacher said.

Well our discussion went on and we all introduced ourselves, so we got to know each other better.

When it was time for our dismissal, I was on my way home when...

David was right in front of me.

"What are you doing" I asked him.

"Nothing at all, why? Is it bad to look at people in the eye?" He said awkwardly.

 "Why? Did I say so?!" I said, annoyed.

"No, but with that look on your face I could easily interpret that you are getting mad for no reason at all." he said mockingly.

"How would you know?!" I said, my temper rising, "You're despicable! Don't you know how a person can try hard just to beat you but you respond by just not breaking a sweat! Do you think that's right?! I absolutely hate you!" I said.

 I left him alone, standing there, looking stunned. As I left, I felt a twinge of guilt, I couldn't explain it but once I looked beck, he looked really hurt.

When I got home, I lay down on my bed and went into a trance. I was so guilty. I wondered why I had David on my mind since I had despised him long before, but now, I didn't know how I felt...