EOC CHAPTER 4 : Tension

I walked to school the next day thinking about what Kaiba said. What did he mean when he said 'this isn't over'. But what happened next answered my question. I took a short cut in an alley when two guys in suits came up to me. One grabbed me from behind and the other started punching me. I kept screaming 'Why are you doing this' but they wouldn't let me go. When they finally did, I felt really weak and I could barely stand. They ran away leaving me there half conscious. I managed to escape the alley and rest my head on a nearby poll when a limo pulled up next to me. The window rolled down revealing a little boy with long green hair with an evil grin.

"If you remember Nii-sama, you should remember me." he said.

"Mokuba-kun." I said in pain.

He laughed,"Nii-sama* wanted me to remind you that he doesn't take no for an answer and to watch your back. Hope you like your present!" He shouted barely controlling his laughter.

Then the limo sped away. 'What does he find so funny? He just ordered an attack on me. Does he really hate me as much as his brother, or has Seto convinced him to hate me as much as he does?' I thought trying to walk the rest of the way to school. I already knew I was already late, but at the moment I had nowhere else to go. I walked down the street with my head down, my black bangs covering my face. I was able to make it to the school grounds nearly falling at the door. When I got to my classroom, I felt barely alive. All I heard was gasps, as I slowly made my way to my seat, my head still down. When I sat down I nearly collapsed.

"Mira, are you alright?!" I heard Yugi shout. Then finally, I clasped. "Miranda-chan!" Was the last thing I heard him say before I lost consciousness.

I slowly opened my eyes to a woman looking like she's about to have a heart attack. I mean, she looked like a mixture of frustration, tiredness, and plain annoyance.

"Where am I?"

"Oh thank god your awake! You're in the school infirmary..." The woman tried to calm down. "You were in pretty bad shape when you got here. It was so bad that I thought that I might have to send you to a real hospital." The woman said holding her forehead.

"Are you okay?" I asked but there was a knock at the door. The woman made a long, deep sigh.

"Please, can I let this boy come in to see you? He brought you here during 1st period and decided to stay and wait til you woke up. He keeps asking me every 5 seconds if your alright. Can he come in or not cause I'm about to call the principal?!" The woman said looking like steam was coming out of her ears.

I was confused. 'Who wanted to check on me?' "Uh...sur..." That's when a boy comes flying through the door. He landed on my cot giving me a hug.

"Miranda-chan! I was so worried you wouldn't wake up! What happened to you? Are you feeling alright? Do you need me to get you anything..."

"Yugi! I'm fine! Calm Down!" I said cutting him off. It was cute to see him ramble on and on and...wait...what did I just say?!

"Oh, that's good..."

"Uh, Yugi Muoto? Um, another boy came here yesterday and told me to give this to you." The nurse said handing the boy a slip of paper. Yugi read it and growled. He balled it up in frustration and threw it away.

"What's wrong Yugi-kun?" I asked noticing his sudden change of mood.

"It's Kaiba-kun." I cringed at the mention of his name.

"What does...HE want?" I asked between clenched teeth.

"Wants another rematch in a game."

"Why? What do you mean rematch?"

"Its a long story but basically Kaiba challenged me to a game. He lost and got angry. He wanted a rematch, but he lost again. So on and so on. He wants to win against me cause he wants his reputation back. See, he owns Kaiba corporation and he was the worlds best gamer until I beat him. Now he wants his title back no matter what it takes."