EOC CHAPTER 8 : I'm So Sorry

Yugi's P.O.V.

I ran through the hallway after school to Miranda's locker after the display I saw today. She's usually the last one out of the building so I shouldn't have a problem talking to her in private. When I arrive, I see Kaiba kissing her on the cheek. I growl. Then he leaves her all alone. She giggles to herself as she gets her stuff out of her locker. Thats when I confront her...

"Mira." I call her name. She turns around to me, her smile turns into a frown, "You're going out with Kaiba?"

"Yugi..."

"I thought you were done with him. I thought you were through with letting him hurt you. Why all of a sudden you let him creep back into your heart?"

"Yugi...I..."

"We heard about you're little deal with Kaiba. He'll be your boyfriend if you keep your mouth shut. He only agreed because he pities you, can't you see that? Kaiba knows how much you still care about him. He just wants to get back into your heart just so he can break it again..."

"I'm not gonna listen to this anymore..." She began to walk away.

Mira's P.O.V.

I started to walk away not wanting to hear what Yugi had to say, when he grabbed me by the my wrist and pinned me against my locker so that I was facing him. I stared into crimson eyes. Dark Yugi had taken over. 'Great...'

"Miranda. Listen to me. He doesn't care. Not anymore. He feels nothing for you. Kaiba has hurt you long enough. I'm not gonna let him hurt you anymore. Forget about this deal, forget about Kaiba. He doesn't care about you..." His mouth came to my ear, "...not like I do..." I started to tear up. I didn't want to believe him. Besides, he was all wrong...

I pushed him off of me, "YUGI! I SUGGESTED THE DEAL!" Dark Yugi went wide-eyed.

"What?"

Tears were flowing out of my eyes. "The deal was my idea! He came up to me at lunch and said he'd leave me alone. Stop having guards beat me up, stop trying to persuade me to do something I'd never do. But I told him, if he would my boyfriend, I'd do what he asked. I made the deal with him, and he agreed. It was all me."

Dark Yugi stared at me, no emotion on his face, "So what you're trying to say, is that he said he could be out of your life for good, but you wanted him to stay?"

"You know what? Yes. Yes I am. I don't need you to care about me! I'm fine without you! Why do you even care so much?!"

"BECAUSE I LOVE YOU!" He shouted. My eyes widened."Because I love you, Miranda! I fell in love with you the moment I met you! I just...didn't know how to tell you..."

"I DON'T WANT YOU TO LOVE ME!" I shouted in his face. He became hurt. Next thing I knew, I saw Yugi standing in his place. His eyes filled with same hurt, pain, and sadness his other self had. He looked so sad. It was hurting me that he was sad. It was starting to get to me.

"Why? Why Mira? Why don't you want someone to love you? To protect you? Take care of you..."

"Yugi. I don't want YOU to love me. I'm sorry Yugi. You're cute and really nice, but Kaiba needs me as much as I need him. Its like choosing between the nice boy I barely know, or the boy I've basically loved all my life. Besides, I don't deserve to know someone like you." I said turning away.

"No, you do deserve it. You just don't want it when its right in front of you." Yugi then ran away in crying.

"Wait! YUGI!" Yugi shouted. My tears were flowing violently now, so I did the same.