Chapter 12 Phasing

Me and Jake kept talking after that. About imprinting, and the old legends, and my parents. Then we feel asleep in each other's arms. I wake up to someone standing beside me. It's my dad. He looks pretty pissed, but relived at the same time.

"Jake, the time came so soon." He said quietly and a little annoyed.

"Love comes when it likes." He says. "Look firmiliar?"

"All to well." He then smiles at me.

"Your very lucky to have someone who loves you that much. Don't go a day without thanking them." He whispers something in Jake's ear and then leaves.

"So your not creeped out, about me knowing you since birth?" He says serious.

"Jake, all the more reason to love you. You've watched over me and helped me since I was born. I always felt some bond between us. When I was little, it was a brotherly love. But lately I feel like it's stronger. Like it controls me and what I do. And I finally realize it's because I love you." I smile and put my nose to his. Eskimo kissing him.

"You can't imagine how strong it is for me. Can we hang out today?" He touches my face. I touch his and flashback the night. He smiles.

"There is really no place I'd rather be."

"Come with me." He pulls me up in one small pull. I realize I still have my pajamas on.

"Um.. Pajamas?"

"Oh right. I'll let you get changed." He sits on the bed, staring at me.
I stare back. He still doesn't get it.

"Leave please."

"Oh right. Ha.." He quickly gets up and jogs out of the room. I put on a white tee and some jeans. We then walk outside.

"Watch this. I want to show you how I phase. Whatever you do. Don't run away."

"What you'll think I'm a squirrel and chase me?"

"Haha, your so funny." He then starts to shake. It's like he has his own mini earthquake inside of him. I watch his face slowly change. His shorts drop to the floor. I laugh a little. Before him is a wolf. Larger than any I've seen. I've seen Leah phase and him phase out, but to stand this close is amazing.

"Can I pet you?" He puts down his head. I touch his brownish red fur. Stroking my hand back and forth. He looks up at me in his huge eyes. They are pitch black. It looks like he's smiling. He then nudges his head to his back.

"Climb on?" I ask confused? He shakes yes. I try to jump onto his back, but I fall on my butt. He lies down to help.

"Thanks" I get on and we're off. The wind blows in my face. I put my head to his back and hug him until my hands hurt. I don't want to fall off. I'm pretty sure I'm faster than Jake though. I smile thinking that we should have a race one day. He then leads me through the forest. I don't know where we're going, but it doesn't matter as long as I'm with him.