Chapter 11Backstory

I sit with my legs crossed and watch Jake. His hair is still soaking and his eyes, I can finally see the light in them. His hand comes and grabs mine, like it has a magnetic force he can't resist. He then smiles. His teeth shine under my bedroom lamp light. Its all I can see in the dark. It's midnight now, but who's really keep track of time? He then laughs.

"What?" I say confused.

"I just... I never knew I could love someone so much." He says giving me a hug. I give one back, feeling his warmth, but then pull away. We didn't come to hug each other all night, even though I would like that, we came to talk. I give him a look.

"Right, stay on track. Sorry." He looks nervous. His hands in mine start to get sweaty. His breathing becomes faster. He puts his hands through his hair.

"You can tell me anything. I'll still love you." I whisper. He smiles.

"Do you know how old I am Renesmee?"

"That's an easy one, 16." I say proud.

"I have been 16 for a couple years now. When I became a wolf I stopped aging. I think I can age in the future though." I freeze. He holds my hand tighter.

"What? I thought we were the same age?"

"It all started when I meet your mom. She was still a human. I feel I love with her, or so I thought it was her. And during that time, I became a wolf. Just a generic thing, ancestors and all that."

"What?"

"She was in love with your dad Edward. But it was this love triangle thing between us because she didn't want to hurt me. When she got married to your dad, and well... had you, I realized I didn't love Bella, I loved you. I loved you before you existed, before I knew there was someone like you. Please don't be scared." He closes his eyes.

"Jake, I'm not. Just tell me how though. How did you love me even though I wasn't even alive, or created yet?"

"You obviously know I'm a wolf. So wolfs have this thing they do called imprinting. Its when they realize they've found the right person or are going to. Just like Quil. But when you were a baby I was your brother in a way. And now that your older, I can be more to you. I'm whatever you want me to be. Just say the word." I smile, I am a little shocked, but Jake being here makes me feel alive. I don't want him to leave or think I'm creeped out.

"Jake, would you like to be more than friends?" I smile kissing his cheek.

"I've waited so long for this moment." He kisses me, and we kiss for a long time. His hands around me make me feel like I'm safe, like i belong there. And finally, I realize why life is worth living.