Chapter 4

*Russia's POV*

The table was silent for a long time, other than Belarus's humming as she started to clean up the now empty plates. He didn't know what to say, making Canada show weakness like that was not good. His eyes followed her as she danced around the table and into the kitchen, where the sound of a faucet turning on went off. Why do you have to be like that? This is why I never am home, or why we don't have guests.

He slowly stood from the table and crept out of the room. Figuring he should see if Canada was alright. He wondered how America would react if he found Canada in his house, and crying. Probably he would want to fight or something, and that would make her cry more. His feet took him to a small study, not far from her room, where he sat at the desk and took out a small piece of paper and a pen. Something told him exactly how to put what was going through his mind into words that someone could understand. It didn't take long to finish it, but he looked at the finished product in dismay. The letter was much too formal, no that wouldn't do he'd need to try again.

When the new blank sheet was in front of him, he started with a sentence he thought she would understand. I've always liked the cold. And the words that followed seemed right as they flowed together in an odd piece of what could only be considered poetry. When he was done, and approved of the final product, and stood. With the simple part of writing the poem already completed Russia decided the best thing to do now is how to give her the poem. He felt as though he could not just leave it by her door and walk away, Belarus would get her psychotic hands all over that for sure. Then both countries were as good as dead.

~Canada POV~

When she entered the silent, and empty room, she realized that this was not a good place to, well, cry. Already, tracks of many tears had befallen her face, and she tried swiping them, to make them disappear. So she turned and left the room, her feet wandering wherever, she didn't really care. She passed what appeared to be a study, and peered in. Russia sat at a desk hunched over something, she silently stepped in. He didn't notice her, and she crept closer, curious as to what he was doing. She knew it probably wasn't the nicest thing to do, peak over someone's shoulder, but something told her that it was ok. She peered over his shoulder and saw the makings of a poem.

When he started to push the chair back, she quietly moved aside and watched him.

"So...eh...Canada." The Russian seemed nervous about something. But still that was enough for the invisible country to panic in her fear of being discovered. "I wrote this for you...I know that Belarus was eh...a bit rough on you yes...but trust me when I say...she's worse." Now Canada began to panic. Perhaps here invisible abilities didn't work like they normally do in world meetings. "No no no, that is to the point." Russia sighed and slumped his head in his arms.

'What a relief..' The maple country sighed once she realized her powers were still as good as ever.

"Hello little winter flower..." Russia said.

'Shoot...'

"I uh... No! You mumbling imbecile! Speak with confidence! You are man!" After his moment of having his confidence, Russia sat back in his chair deflated like a balloon. "I think... I get more vodka. That is the answer to everything. I shall talk to Canada when I see her next."

I guess that's my cue. Canada tiptoed out of the room and made it out without any casualties. Oh that was really rude of me... I should give Russia my apologies for eavesdropping... But I think that would upset him even more. Canada had made it half down the hallway before a familiar voice stopped her.

"Oh... Hello my little winter flower." Russia spoke and Canada turned around and looked at the silver haired man.

"Hello." She replied quietly and looked to the ground. As the other country got closer, Canada's face began to blush harder by the step.

"I see that Belarus made you upset..." He brushed his thumb against the red cheeks.

"I'll be fine, it's normal to cry every once in awhile..."

"I wanted to ehm...say my apologies for how my sister acted... But I can tell you one thing... She can be a lot worse than that." He seemed to force a chuckle, probably to make me feel like it's a joke.

"I don't want to see that..." Her tears began to fall again and the words Belarus said looped in her mind. She wondered if he was going to tell her she wasn't wanted, that maybe he knew she was in the study all along. That he actually didn't want her here.

"Oh no, no, no, please do not cry.." Russia said frantically, and there was a flash of concern in his eyes; Wonder what that's about. Canada thought, "Flowers do not cry. They can only bloom."

"And whither..." Canada cried.

"Nonsense, you will forever be in a crystal bloom." Canada began to smile and wiped away her fallen tears. "Here." Russia said quickly almost shoving the piece of paper into her hands, "To apologize for Belarus... Bye." And just like that the scarfed man was gone and out of Canada's view. She looked down at the now crumpled piece of paper, and slowly opened it. The poem, being finished now, was before her eyes and she read it slowly.

"I've always loved the cold,

It's a friend I always have

But if I may be so bold

You're the one I'd rather have.

For when the wind is blowing

And the snow piling high

I'd rather turn and look upon

your bright and shining eyes.

The thoughts that crowd my mind

These emotions that I do not know

Swirling all about my heart

And all of it is all on you

The one who appeared from the cold.

I could never tell you,

With words spoken aloud

Because I fear I'd hurt you

If you chose to stay around."

Canada couldn't help but smile at the words and, after realizing she didn't know where the other country had wandered off too, set off to find him and thank him for his kind words.