Chapter 15

*Canada's POV*

"Yo, dudette, you coming or not? 'Cause I can totally drive by myself." America called up the stairs, his voice reverberating off the walls.

"I'll be right down! Go ahead and start the car!" Canada called back, although her voice wasn't loud enough to reach downstairs. She sighed, she really should work on that. It could start to be a problem, start to be a problem? What am I thinking, it's always been sort of a problem, at least when I've tried to talk to people.

She fixed her coat when she stood her perch on her bed. It was nice, to sit around daydreaming sometimes. If it was possible this time, she'd skip out on the meeting, like she had done so many times before. They rarely called roll-call, and many times Canada had gotten away with not going because no one notice she was there anyway. She remembered the first time she'd tested this, America called her and asked her what she thought of the meeting that day, "You musta totally liked it cause you were so quiet, you need to learn to speak your mind dudette!"

While being forgotten could sting a little, it did wonders for when anyone wanted to be left alone. Nonetheless, she supposed it was important to attend majority of the meetings, which she did, even if nothing was really accomplished. She grabbed Kumajiro on her way out, as he had complained about not coming last time, and made her way out to the car where her bored brother sat on his phone. His thumbs were playing with the screen in rapid motions, so she made the assumption that he was playing one of his video games. Sometimes she wondered if he remembered playing outdoors before video games were invented.

"Alright, let's go!" America said, as she closed the car door and had settled herself into the passenger seat.

America's crazy like driving got them to the meeting hall in no time, although Canada wondered why no cops had bothered to pull them over at the speeds America had been going. He swung his car, which was an old "all-American" car that she couldn't remember the name of. Into a parking spot, barely fitting without damaging any of the other cars.

"You really should let me drive sometimes, we wouldn't endanger any birds that way, ya know?" Canada murmured as she unbuckled Kuma from the back seat and slowly followed her brother inside the doors.

"Hahaha! As if the hero could let a girl drive for him, what would that say about my morals?" America laughed as he strolled down the hall, leaning backwards to mutter "That as a hero I have no problem letting the distressed damsel help me out, what a disgraced hero I'd be!"

"I don't think I have ever heard you mutter something so deep. You're sure you're feeling alright, eh?" Canada asked, feigning a worried look. She'd learned some skills in sarcasm from her brother over the years, even if she was quite terrible at it.

"Feeling just perfect." America shrugged, pushing the meeting room's doors open with all his strength. With a bang they opened and he walked confidently in. Thank goodness it hadn't started yet and small talk was still happening.

America waltzed over to England, probably to give him crap about his cooking or whatnot. Canada grabbed a coffee from the table, setting Kuma down as she did so. The small polar bear wandered off to do his play his games or whatever. Canada remembered musing about what he did during meetings, when he didn't want to sit in her lap. Most of these fantasies did include a card game with Flying Mint Bunny, if he did exist. Who knew for certain?

She turned around and scanned for Russia, because she had this slow feeling in her that was missing him. A week was a long time to be away from a love interest. Noting that he wasn't here yet, she nervously searched for his sister. Thankfully it seemed Belarus was also currently absent from the meeting hall, and hopefully she didn't try anything with these countries around. As per usual, Canada made her way to her seat, finding Kumajiro there. She scooped him up so she could sit, replacing him on her lap as she sipped the hot drink.