The Wiccan Chosen One (Chap. 8)

Chapter 8

~~~Katheren's P.O.V~~~

I groaned and rolled over. I was sore, my head was pounding, and I heard an annoying ringing in my ears. I reached over and tried to turn off my alarm clock, my hand ran through thin air.

I heard a chuckle. "What are you doing?" I heard someone whisper, their breath tickling my ear.

I groaned again. "Trying to turn off that annoying ringing."

"There's no ringing," he said, concerned.

"Yes there is, you must be deaf, Daren. Ugh," I groaned, "I think I know what people feel like when they have hangover." I kept my eyes closed, but tried to sit up, I felt dizzy and I fell back down to the pillows.

"Wow, you okay there?"

"No." I opened up my eyes to find myself in Daren's room, on his bed, I flipped over and Daren's face was just inches from mine. "What happened? The last thing I remember is the Samhain celebration thing and then nothing, a blank."

Daren's face darkened. "Do you remember how I told you that spirits could easily travel into our world during Samhain?" I nodded. "Do you also remember that I told you before that the Ancestors can easily posses? The Ancestors were the most powerful witches of all times and when they posses you when you aren't ready, you would have to fight from letting them permanently control your body."

I paled, the importance of what he said slowly sinking in. "So the Ancients, Ancestors, whatever they are called, tried to take over my body when they would be the strongest?"

He nodded and his arms tightened around my waist. "They almost succeeded too. I couldn't do anything, I was trapped, and then they started to do a disembodiment spell that would allow them to take over your body. I am not sure what happened, if some of the others disagreed that they fought against the ones that were trying to take over your body or if you were fighting back, but some other... voice was saying the reversal spell. The spell that was trapping me ceased and I added my magic to the reversal spell and then the Ancestors... dispossessed... you and then you passed out."

I didn't understand all of that, my head was pounding too hard for me to pay that close of attention. Something that I did notice was that I passed out a lot, I wasn't a very big fan of that. "Tell me later, I can't think straight right now." I got up and Daren caught me before I fell over. "Why do I feel like crap?" I asked him.

"It was from when the spirits took you over, it was just too many souls inside your body, too many auras warring against one another, that it causes you physical pain now. Don't try that hard to figure it out, you'll probably feel worse." He led me into his bathroom, with the clothes that I had worn over to his house once and left the room.

When I finished my shower and getting ready about ten minutes later, I came into his room to hear voices drift through the wall.

"But Ma," Daren was saying, "we could bind her powers, if she has no powers, she can't be possessed, she won't be the Chosen One anymore."

"We cannot make such a decision for her," I heard his mother rebuke. "I raised you to be a gentleman; I will not have you going around taking someone's rights away from them."

"But you weren't there," Daren said, his voice broken. "When she was possessed, she was not herself, some of the spirits were evil and then later when they tried to take complete control of her body, I could almost hear her soul screaming in pain. The spirits almost made her kill me, so even if she somehow had fought them off on her own after that, she would have lost part of herself, become something that she is not.