Chapter 2

As I walked through the large double doors and into the academy lobby, I was slightly surprised by how few people there were. A few groups of girls loitered around here and there, but other than that the lobby was almost empty of people. I struggled to regain my hold on my luggage and speed-walked towards the front desk to avoid unwanted attention. I acquired my schedule, dorm key, and uniform from the secretary and made the trip to my dorm, which involved getting lost at least 2 times even though I asked for directions twice as much. Finally, I made it to my home away from home. As I unlocked the door, it opened into.............

A small apartment with a bunk bed, living area, bathroom, closet, and kitchen. I don't know what I expected. My roommate was nowhere in sight so I started to unpack my things. As there was luggage on the bottom bunk, I decided to claim the top bunk, though I didn't have much choice in the matter anyway. Just as I had finished packing, I heard the door swing open, followed by a quiet "Hello?"

"Hi!" I answered, turning towards the door, "You must be my new roommate!"

A shy looking girl nodded from the doorway, looking slightly apprehensive. "My name is Red Bean." She said, stepping farther into the room.

"That's a nice name! I'm Vanilla!"

"Thanks! I like your name too!"

As we continued to talk, I examined Red Bean's image. She was on the short side with dark brown hair, pale skin, reddish brown eyes, and an undercut. I giggled as I realized that she was wearing socks with cats on them instead of the standard white ones. We were a long way into our conversation when I noticed the time. We'd been talking for almost an hour! We quickly grabbed our things and ran back to the school building for homeroom.

Author's Note: Hey guys! Sorry I took so long to post this! I was busy with character designs and stuff like that. Thankfully, I'm done now so I'll be able to update more often. Also, going back to those character designs, if you guys want to see the full-body designs I drew for the characters, vote/comment on this chapter and I'll post them with the next update! Anyway, happy reading!

-Admin Sarah