Chapter 3

There was blood everywhere, two bodies: a male and a female. It was no longer the house Frey remembered. Everything was broken into pieces, the pure white walls were covered in flaming red, no lights were found inside the house since every single lamps had been cut off. The sight truly was a nightmare for her especially when it was the house that her best friend had been living in for her whole life.

Everything was fine the other day, there was nothing wrong, absolutely nothing. How come things turned out to be this way, it was too sudden for Frey. Too fast and hard to believe, Frey wished it was only just a dream. The sight was more than awful, it was not a sight that a middle schooler should ever see. Brutal, if there was any word to describe it, that would probably it. How could someone do that to Calli's family who had done nothing wrong, at least nothing that deserves a heartless murder.

The stench of death, disgusting. Eating breakfast was useless then since she threw up almost everything she had eaten that morning on the crime scene which was not the right thing to do. But who can control their urge to vomit, especially after seeing that awful sight for the first time. Even a police need years to get used to it, some even can't handle it no matter how long he or she has been a police.

It was too much for her to process, to understand. Confusion, sorrow, shock, fear, everything mixed in her thoughts and it became hard for her to breathe. She was hyperventilating. Everything started to seem dark, Frey passed out given how much shock it was for her. Before she closed her eyes, there was a familiar voice in her head. A girl's voice, the voice she couldn't possibly forget.

"Goodbye best friend" it was the voice of her one and only best friend, Calli.

Inside her unconsciousness, calli found herself in a dark and isolated room with a mirror in front of her. She gazed into the mirror, looking at her reflection. However, the mirror did not only show Frey's reflection but also another person's reflection. Frey looked around her to see if there was anyone else besides her but unfortunately there was no one around. Frey looked at the mirror once again and the other person was still there. According from the reflection, she was standing behind Frey.

"Freya," it was a sweet, smooth and feminine voice, a girl's voice.

"Who are you?" The girl behind her was wearing a cloak that covered her entire body and half of her face so she couldn't see who that is.

"Freya, your friend is in danger." she said as if she knows Freya

"Calli? What happened to her?" Freya panicked knowing her friend was in danger

"Do not trust the police or your teacher!" She warned Frey strictly. "You'll know who you can trust when your eyes are open. When you see the evilness that lurks in the world. Along the way, you'll find your true self and the one you're looking for." This figure said it in a calm yet stern way. But Frey couldn't comprehend the meaningful and deep words that just rolled off her tongue yet, given the confusing situation she's in.

"Why are you telling me this? Who are you? How do you know all of these?" She asked all of these questions in one breath, and she didn't get any answer. She was used to her curious questions goes unanswered, but she was desperate for answers now.

"I'm you." she revealed her face under the hood and there was this beautiful tall girl who looks like Frey, only a little bit mature, and a fresh cut across her cheek.

"just remember to never be afraid of change, of strength, you will need to become stronger in order to save her. That's all i can tell you. I must go.." the girl faded slowly as she bid farewell to Frey.

"Wait! I've a lot of questions i want to ask!" Frey shouted at her and begged for her to stay.

"Take care of yourself, freya. You'll find the answer sooner or later." and then, she disappeared to thin air.