Chapter 10

Andrew's POV

My wolf was impatient as shit as we waited for Diane to return from her errand with Melissa... why she wanted the girl to go with her after she tried to frame Diane for Brett and Shannon's deaths was beyond me. However, I respected her choice because the offense was against her and not me.

Should still rip the girl's throat out when she gets back. - My wolf grumbles in his bad mood and I roll my eyes at him both mentally and actually, as I tried to focus on the book I was reading.

"She's been gone for two weeks now... I hope nothing bad has happened to her." I murmur to myself as I look at the card that she had given me so that I could contact her former boss... I was currently using it as my bookmark for everything that I was reading, since I had a tendency to randomly glance at it no matter where I put it down, "I can always just ask if she's alright..."

Mate said that her boss is a Vampire... vamps lie sometimes. - My wolf growls inside my head and I hold back the urge to roll my eyes at him this time.

"First off, she's her Former Boss." I correct him as I place a different bookmark within the pages and hold the card within my hand as I pull out my cell phone, "And second, she clearly has to much respect for our Mate to lie to us about her well being."

But I want to see Mate! - My wolf howled in aggravation and then continued to do so repeatedly until I shoved the card into my pocket once more and just stormed out to my car with my keys in hand.

"Fine! Okay, I'm going, I'm going!" I snap at him as I slam my door shut and begin to speed toward the address that is clearly printed upon the card .

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"What do you mean I can't see her? She's my mate's boss!" I growl at the employee that was trying to prevent me from going to Val's office, causing her to tremble a little at my tone even though she wasn't a Werewolf, "Move out of my way."

"It's alright, you can let him in." A new voice cuts in from behind me and I turn around to see a tall, sleek looking and very Blonde vampire standing there, "Diane's Mate right?"

"Andrew... Val?" I greet with a nod and she smiles brightly in return.

"Short for Valarie, but Diane is the only one who can call me Val, after all she basically hired everyone here." The Vampire said as she motioned for me to follow her.

"Wait, I thought you were her boss... not the other way around." I comment as I follow her down to the elevator.

"I am... but Diane is one of the Founders of our company." Val tells me as she hits a button and the doors close to leave us completely alone.

"She help Founded this company?" I say a little in shock.

"She'd never mention it because she doesn't like all of the attention. From what she told me, the idea was brought up almost 20 years ago back when she was just a kid herself, but she felt strongly about the work that we do that she got help to start up this company 15 years ago." Val told me as the elevator moved along slowly, "Over the course of her past she met with others who felt the same way she did and she was the one who approached them, not the other way around... she has a way of knowing what kind of person you are before even you yourself do."

"So who are the other Founders?" I ask as the elevator finally stops and opens it's doors.

"Diane is basically the one in charge of us all..."

"But we handle most of the on camera events."

I turn around to find a young couple standing in the hall behind us, the girl was a half-human, half-Fae child and the young man was clearly another vampire. I looked between the two of them and saw just how clearly they were perfect for each other and hoped that one day Diane and I could be like that.