Freak

Chapter Sixteen- Freak

Maddie's POV

"Maddie! Plié into that Grand Jetè!" Abby screamed, watching me dance from her usual position on the mats. "I don't know what is going on with you today!"

Frustrated, she turned off the music to my solo, as she instructed me to come.

Slowly, I made my way towards her, feeling light headed, due to my lack of food.

I had to succumb to something tonight, or I was afraid I would have to make another trip to the hospital.

"Whatever is going on between you and Chloe is affecting your dancing, and I don't want to see that happen. Call in Chloe." She told me, a disappointed look lingering in her eyes.

I nodded my head, turning around, as I rushed out of the room to get Chloe.

"Chloe, Abby wants to speak to us." I told her in a small voice.

For once, Chloe didn't have a snarky comeback.

Instead, she gulped, fear evident on her face.

Abby never ever got in the middle of friendships before.

She followed me back inside Studio A, her normal cockiness back into her persona.

"What is going on with you two?" Abby asked us, as we reached her.

"I was doing Maddie a favor by telling her she weighed too much to be a dancer, and she went all psych and started cutting myself. It isn't my fault she's crazy." Chloe smirked, not bothering to spare my feelings.

Abby furrowed her eyebrows, staring down at my marked wrist.

"You cut yourself?" Abby asked, examining my wrists. "Maddie, that is serious. Do you realize what the judges are going to say?"

My eyes widened in shock.

"The judges? The judges!" I screamed in disbelief. "Yes, Miss Abby, I know! They are going to comment on how much of a freak I am, and you are going to lose your reputation! I'm sorry for being a fucking screwup!"

My voice raised an octave with each word, as I stormed out of the studio, and into the pouring rain, as fast as my legs could carry me.

Author's Note: Vote!