Her Escape

Chapter Six- Her Escape

Maddie's POV

I batted my eyelashes, trying my best to readjust to the bright lights in the bland white room I was in.

I finally managed to regain my focus, as I sat up.

I, honestly, was feeling so much better.

I darted my eyes towards the doctor who stood beside my bed.

I grunted awkwardly, noticing he hadn't taken notice of my awakening.

"Oh, Madison Ziegler? I am Doctor Harley, your other doctor is off today." The man's voice boomed, as he sent me a warm smile.

I nodded my head, not necessarily focusing all of my attention on the man.

He began to ramble on, as I interrupted him, "Uhm, when am I scheduled to leave?"

His eyes flashed with annoyance as he answered, "Whenever your mom comes to take you home. Your health seems to be in a much better shape, so you should have no worries there."

I nodded my head, as he droned on about the risks of anorexia.

I know it's a terrible thing to do to your body, but I wasn't going to let get health get in the way.

If they honestly thought they could stop me, they were dreaming.

My mom finally arrived at the hospital, and without any flaws, we both made it into the car.

"Madison, I want you to know," My mother began, as I looked outside the car window, watching the green of trees whirl together. "I want you to know that I love you, and I don't want to see you hurting." My mom broke off, her voice cracking at the end, as her eyes brimmed with tears.

"Mom, I know. I'm sorry, okay?" I said quietly, fixating my eyes on my shoes.

She nodded her head firmly, her lips pursing tightly.

Her and I both knew that if she continued talking, she would break down in tears, risking a car accident.

The car whirled down a winding road, finally pulling up to our two-story victorian house.

I quickly grabbed my phone from my mom's car and dashed into the house, trying my best to avoid a lecture.

I ran up the stairs, but not too quickly. My state of health still hadn't turned completely healthy.

Finally, locking my door behind me, I reached the safety of my room.

I let out a sigh of relief, plopping down onto my bed.

I turned on my iPhone, scrolling through my pictures until I found the picture I had screen-shotted.

In bold letters read the words, "Ana: Thirty day exercise."

Underneath the title, there was a list of exercises that you could do throughout the month.

They were a bit drastic, especially after my trip to the hospital, but after all the food they gave me, I had to burn off the calories somehow.

I quickly changed into a pink sports bra, and booty shorts, ignoring the fat spilling onto my body, as I plugged my earphones into my phone.

I popped the earbuds into my ears, playing the song "Weightless."

The song echoed into my ears, as I began to exercise.

An hour later, I was laying down on my bed, scrolling through Instagram.

My newsfeed consisted of absolutely nothing but hate.

It was, honestly, terrible.

Message from @bmhylandxoxoxoxoxx: Is it true that you're anorexic? Rumors of your admittance to a hospital have been spread around, and I mean, sure, you had to lose like thirty pounds, but it's a bit extreme. You're going to be fake. You're a freak now. I'm disappointed to say I once looked up to you.

Message from @dmcheerioslol: You're anorexic? Ew. You've turned into a failure.

(Author's note: LITERALLY NOTHING AGAINST ANOREXIC PEOPLE, THIS IS JUST TO PORTRAY A MESSAGE OK)

I squeezed my eyes shut, wanting to just disappear.

Anorexia is a hard thing to understand, and not easy to support, but the least these people, these 'true' fans could do is help.

As if on cue to worsen my night even more, I receive a text from Chloe.

{Text Messages}

-- Chloe
- Maddie

-- (8:21pm) Do you want all the attention on you, Maddie? First you steal Josh away from me, and now what? You're going to become anorexic so your 'caring' boyfriend will forgive you for being a complete bitch and having a mental breakdown on him? You think I haven't heard? Josh went home and told everyone about your little fight. Wouldn't it be terrible if the news of your freak-out got spread? You deserve it, honestly. You were always so mean to me, and what can I say? Karma's a bitch.

- I'm sorry Chloe, honestly. Josh was the one who asked me out, but if you want to be so horrid and rude to me, go ahead. I've got nothing else to lose.

{Text Messages Over}

I felt a wet tear, gently slip down my cheek.

Chloe was doing a great job at tearing me down.

I stood up, pacing around the room, deciding on what I could do to stop Chloe from her horrible ways.

I finally decided on what I was going to do.

The only possible solution that I could think of, really.

I dialed in Josh's number, waiting a few rings, until he finally picked up.

"Maddie?" Josh's voice echoed from his phone to mine.

"Yes, Josh. I'm sorry but-"

"Oh, Maddie! I was so worried about you! Are you home? How are you feeling?" Josh interrupted me.

"Josh, that isn't important."

"What? It is to me. I really care about you, Maddie."

I squeezed my eyes shut, ignoring his kind words.

Taking a deep breath, I continued on. "Josh, I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry."

"Do what?"

"I'm breaking up with you, Josh. I'm sorry."

I quickly pressed the end button before he could continue, and powered off my phone.

I slumped down to the ground, pressing my head against the wall.

Turning my phone back on, and noticing several missed calls from Josh, I played my solo music.

My solo music that I was meant to compete whilst at the hospital.

The music 'Teen Idle' rung out throughout the room, as I began dancing.

Music was usually my escape, my passion, but it wasn't bringing me out of my messed up life today.

When the music ended, I grabbed my phone googling other ideas to release the pain brought upon by others.

I finally found a suitable decision, smiling sadly to myself.

I really had sunk low, hadn't I?

Author's Note- Yay, I updated!(: