seventy-eight

Lynn's Apartment

By the time it was around seven, Lynn heard their doorbell from the kitchen. She opened the door to reveal Tyler.

"Tyler! Come in, come in!"

"Hey, am I early, it looks like no one's here?"

"Oh, yeah, but that's okay. ALEXA! Ty's here!"

Alexa came in from the kitchen and was holding a bowl of gummy bears and eating when while walking to them.

"Tyler! Hi! It feels like it's been forever, how ya been?"

"I've been pretty okay, how about you?"

They heard a car pull up outside, and Alexa looked out into the big window in the living room, saw Josh turn off his car, and walk out.

"I've been okay as well. Oh, would you look at that, IthinkJoshishere."

"What?"

"I said, I thinkJoshishere, Iheardhiscaroutside."

"Wait, Josh? Alexa-- hey, come back here!"

Tyler chased Alexa into the kitchen, and Lynn answered the door after he rang the doorbell.

"Jo-o-osh! Alexa's in the kitchen, I'll go and get her. Make yourself comfortable."

When she walked in, there was the sound of a glass being shattered on the ground.

"Alexa! What the hell?!"

"It was Tyler's fault!"

"You didn't tell me Josh was coming!"

"Shh! He's in the other room!"

Josh walked in the kitchen in the middle of their yelling, and Tyler stopped when he looked at Josh.

"I, uh, I didn't know you were gonna be here."

"I didn't know either..."

"Sorry to interrupt, but Alexa and I will be in the other room because I need to yell at her."

"Talk amongst yourselves!"

Alexa was pulled out of the kitchen by Lynn, and silence filled the room.

"I've been trying to talk to you past couple days," said Tyler.

"I was too, kinda... I didn't really know what to say, I just really wanted to talk to you."

"Yeah, I have a lot to say. First off, I know I've already said this a thousand times, I'm so, so, so, sorry. Second, I did a lot of thinking the past month. I really want to try and start things over. We can go slow, we can start off where we left off, we can start however you want. Third--"

Then Tyler was interrupted by Josh putting his lips on Tyler's and putting his hand on the back of her neck. Tyler did the same, and Josh pushed her against the counter, and leaned on her. Tyler broke the kiss and said, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"I've never been more sure of anything, Tyler. I love you."

"I love you too..."

"IF YOU WANT PRIVACY WE HAVE A GUEST BEDROOM!" yelled Lynn in the other room.

"Goddammit, Lynn," said Alexa.

"It's your call, Josh."

Josh peeked his head through the kitchen door and said, "Could you guys show us to this guest room?"

Lynn threw her fists in the air while yelling, "JOSHLER IS BACK!"