I Have a Boyfriend

33.3k views 21-5-16

Ahh yes, 10.30 perfect time to start writing another chapter

Song is Strawberry Swing by Coldplay cause I'm going to their Australian Tour at the end of the year *is so excited that I can only write in lower case*

I watched Civil War again today and finished Trials of Apollo! Percy yessssss! Still can't get over how New Rome Uni is going to make Percy pass all his tests to get in after all they did for him...

"Do you have anything for me?" I spoke to Wanda, we were in a dark alleyway right beside the Avengers Tower. It was late Saturday night but the world around us was still alight.

"Why else would I bring you here?" Wanda asked, her voice giving off the impression that she was trying to be diplomatic.

"Uh, to kill me?" I frowned. "You're not going to do that are you? It's happened to me before." Wanda laughed and shook her head.

"No Percy Jackson, I haven't brought you here to kill you. As for the information that you need. Your friend will have arrived in less than a week, I'm not sure of what state she'll be in though."

"Okay, less than a week, anything else?"

"Yes, she has a message for you. I can't get through to see what it is, maybe there's another way of contacting her? It's extremely important that she gets it to you. Life or death important." Wanda clarified.

I thought about that one time when I was on my way to Alaska and Annabeth caught up to me in my dreams. "Hmm," I said aloud. "I might have a way, do you have any sleep connection spells?"

Wanda's face crumpled. "What do I look like? A witch? No Percy, I do not have any sleep spells for you."

I sighed. "Well it was worth a try."

...

"What are we doing?" Wanda asked as I searched through the cupboards of my apartment. A small pile of items were stocked up on the counter. "How does... Sleeping pills help us with connecting to other people in your dreams?"

I sighed, trying to decide between honey or milk, I chose both. "It's a little trick that I learnt from a travelling magician, not our type though, it's basically an Iris Message in your dreams, you know what that is right?"

"I've heard of what an Iris Message can do..." Wanda trailed off. "But how will this help us? If you're sending an iris message in your dreams, why not send it as a real iris message?"

"Something Nico once told me, our sleep selves are extremely connected to our spirits. If I can do this while I'm sleeping maybe it'll give me a shortcut to the spirit world or more importantly, Annabeth." Saying her name aloud sent a twang of pain resonating through me. Stay focused, I scolded myself.

"Wow, that's actually really... Smart." Wanda complimented.

"What? You don't think of me as the smart type?" I teased. I moved all the things to the table, placing the glass of milk in the middle, the cookies beside. I drew lines around with the chalk, trying to retain the Egyptian words that were still fuzzy in the back of my mind. Thanks vulture lady for that, really.

"No, I-" Wanda backtracked. "You just didn't play that card..." She trailed off.

"I've used my wits and my amazing smarts to get me out of plenty of horrible situations thankyouverymuch." I scoffed. Wanda stood around awkwardly as I sat myself at the table.

"What do you need me to do?" She asked, sitting across from me, she looked at the milk and cookies and laughed.

"What?" I asked slowly.

"You'd think on any other day that we'd be summoning Santa." She giggled.

"Perhaps we are, maybe I got the directions wrong." I grinned, Wanda frowned in worry.

"Okay, hold my hands-"

"Eww," Wanda complained. "I have a boyfriend."

I sighed and held my hands out, she took them without further complaint. "I just need you to make sure nothing comes through that door, both ways." Wanda nodded very sullenly, appearing slightly apprehensive with what we were about to do.

I clenched my eyes shut, reaching out. The things we'd laid before us should bring a certain type of god. I kept pushing forwards. I would find him.

"Morpheus, where are you?" I called out, my voice watery. Okay, that was a good sign.

"I need your help." I cried out into the void again.

This void was different from the pit of Tartus. This one didn't radiate anything instead, it hushed the silence, content to be in silence forever, one could go crazy down here.

"I need you to direct me to the spirits of the States." I said aloud, clenching my fists and sighing deeply. It sounded stupid. So stupid, I'm so glad no one was able to witness this.

Obviously it worked because the scene morphed into a new one. I'm in a park, a generally, nondescript place, just a nicely cut lawn and shady trees with enough wear to give a public feel. I whirl around and stop at another figure in the park. A figure, fading at the edges, wearing a white dress with her Cinderella curls blowing slightly in the wind.

Something caught in my throat, my mouth dropped open and I breathed out suddenly. "Annabeth." My eyes filled with tears. "Annabeth is it-"

"Remember your enemies, remember your allies enemies'." She reached out to me, a smile on her face, I reached forwards to grasp her hand. Her mouth opened to say something else but she faded away.

"Annabeth!" I cried out, standing abruptly from the table, Wanda leaped up as well.

"What was that?" Wanda asked quickly, peppering me with questions. "Did you get through to her? What did she say?" Wanda's eyes were alight, she really wanted to know.

"She told me to remember my enemies and to remember my allies enemies..." I trailed off.

"Maybe we're your allies, but which enemies would she be talking about? We have so many of them." Wanda frowned, looking at the floor. I could relate, I had a list of enemies too long to remember, I just hoped it was one of the ones where they were totally defeated by me in a second. I bit my lip, savouring the memory of Annabeth in the park. If we only had a little more time.

"Hey." Wanda spoke gently, taking my hand and giving me a little smile. "It's going to be okay, we'll find out what she meant, okay?"

I nodded silently, my thoughts elsewhere.

"Wanda," a voice from behind us spoke, sounding very controlled. I spun around to see a metal-looking man with a cape that reached to the floor. He seemed very suspicious, his eyes flickering between our interlocked hands and the close proximity we were at. "What is this?"

It was a close run last chapter but I think it came down to tears. Don't worry, blood will be soon.