1) Reunions and Remembrance

"Silver!"

Silver shifted in bed at the voice. After he'd gotten dressed, eaten breakfast and fed his Weavile, he was lying on his back and reading a book on training Pokemon. His eighteenth birthday, the day when he can get the chance to officially train Pokemon and battle Gym Leaders, was tomorrow, and he had decided to do some last-minute studying for today. But it seemed like his aunt had other ideas for him.

With a huff of annoyance, he got up. His aunt, Lucinda, was his current guardian, and also the one who took him away from his dad upon finding out how he hasn't taken care of him properly or even loved him at all. For that, he just couldn't disrespect her in the least. Whenever she called for him, he made sure to be always there. Silver ran his fingers through his dark red hair as he wearily dragged himself to the door.

"Silver!"

"Yeah, coming," he replied the minute his head poked into the empty hallway. As he squeezed through the opened door, his hand brushed against the light switch to turn it off.

The minute the light went out, a slightly bright thin vertical bar of light was seen slipping through the ends of the thick curtains. Glancing back for a half-second, Silver squinted at the glow.

The morning light was pouring in thick golden rays and a thin sliver had managed to slink in through the light-resistant fabric of his scarlet-red bedroom draperies. For some reason, it's bright golden glow reminded him of...someone...

...

Silver blinked back the last remaining tears in his eyes. Unconsciously, one of his hands had started to stroke the fainted Pokemon next to him. Yet he warily kept his eyes on the kid before him. There was something...off...about him.

He was holding his hand out to him, as if to help him up or something, and he had a strange smile on his face which he didn't want to assume as trustworthy. In his world, friends are nothing but a myth, and kindness only exists in fairytales. He didn't like the look of him at all.

When he didn't respond, just stared at him, the boy dropped his hand, but his expression didn't waver. "That was a tough battle, huh?" he tried, somewhat awkwardly.