2) Mischievous Monkey

Zip! Potions and Antidotes.

Zip! Berries, Pokemon Food... Oh! And some snacks for himself.

Silver, who was packing his bag at seven o' clock sharp in the morning, was checking to see if he was missing anything. Upon opening the third pocket, he took a look. There was an Escape Rope and some of his clothes.

I wonder if I should buy some Repel? Silver was starting to think. Shrugging it off, he walked to his closet for fresh clothes.

Putting on a gray shirt and baggy jeans, he smoothed out his red locks and started to check himself in the mirror.

He heard the doorbell ring from downstairs but barely paid attention to it. That was until his aunt called from downstairs that a friend had come to visit.

A friend? Was she referring to Gold? Silver zipped downstairs to look. Brushing the dark red bangs from his eyes, his naturally inexpressive face held him back from showing much of a smile. His lips were simply curved slightly to the side upon catching sight of his friend.

Gold waved at him, an Aipom sitting on his head.

"Hey..." As Silver approached him, his gray eyes drifted curiously to his Aipom. Unlike a regular Aipom, its body was a dark pink covered in bright pink splotches. "Your Aipom is an unusual color," he remarked.

"This is a Shiny Pokemon, actually," Gold explained, stroking the grinning pink monkey's ears. "Remember Aibo, one of my dad's Pokemon? This came from its Egg, which hatched a few months ago. She's my responsibility now."

"So, Aibo's a father now?" Silver tolerated the Pokemon's tail reaching for his hair and starting to playfully make red curls out of it. "How's Aibo doing at your place, anyway?"

"Really well. He eats a lot and he really has developed a thing for girl Pokemon!" Gold chuckled.

"A flirt, just like his caretaker," Silver murmured.

"What was that?" Gold asked.

"It's nothing," he said evasively.

"Anyway...Aipom's been taking different physical exercises since she was a week old so she will be ready for battle when the time comes. And, well...since you already got your Weavile...I thought of coming here for a practice battle with you before you head off. What do you say, Sil?"

"Hmmm... I think that'll make a good warm-up before we start our rivalry," Silver replied after a thoughtful pause. "Sure. Weavile and I would love to battle with you."

"All right!" Gold threw his fist upwards, just as Aipom's arm-like tail withdrew from Silver's hair. He glanced at Aipom, who was snickering, then at Silver's hair. He then stifled a laugh at the tangled mass of red curls Aipom had made, then reached over to straighten the ruined locks.

Silver nearly flinched when he finger-combed his hair. They combed downwards repeatedly, undoing the silly curls the Long Tail Pokemon had carelessly made. Around the fifth time, however, they stopped halfway through, stopping to thumb against a few strands, his gold-tinted eyes staring at them in what appeared to be wonder.

Silver glanced back and forth from his hand to Gold himself, awkwardly waiting for him to drop whatever joke he was doing.

However Gold seemed to be in a trance. Wow... He has such soft hair... I like it... he thought.