Fourteen

"Come on! We have to keep practicing to make this dance perfect!" I yelled at Kenzi and Alex while they were texting on their phones. "Gosh, calm down girl." Alex glared at me. I rolled my eyes and we all finally stood in position for the dance. We practiced but of course one of us messed up the moves.

It's been a week since the situation between Namjoon and I and we've been a bit nicer to each other. I don't know what changed our reactions towards each other but I was enjoying not being an ass to him. He was a sweetheart when he wasn't insulting me or what I do. He's been joking around with me a bit more and I'm not going to lie, I'm lowkey loving the feeling of being better friends with him.

"Alright, lets start back from the top. Pay attention to the lyrics and what moves go at what time. We need to make sure we're synced together." We started from the top and did the dance amazingly. We could've done a bit of a better job but we had most of the dance now. Finals and the competition were in a few weeks and we were all becoming tired of practicing twenty four seven but we knew we had to.

We practiced a couple more times but I'd always mess up some how. I couldn't think properly, Namjoon was filling my thoughts. The dance should come natrually by the times finals come but it won't work that way if he's filling my thoughts.

The feeling of his soft lips on mine a couple weeks ago, his soft skin against mine, his soft breathes of air while hes sleeping. Everything was so appealing yet wrong. I can't like him as more than a friend. It would never work. Love just isn't for me.

I have a hard time accepting people and loving them so it would never truly worked out no matter how much I thought it would. I can't date him because I don't want to hurt him. I wouldn't be capable of loving him.

"Nova! Are you okay?" Kenzi asked and I dodn't reply. "You look like sick and pale, you should go walk the halls a little. We'll be fine practicing without you." They both agreed and I left the room. I over think things too much and it wasn't good. I just needed to take a small walk around the school and forget about these stupid feelings that were consuming my thoughts a bit too much. I don't like Namjoon, not even a little. I repeated in my head.

"Hey, you alright?" I heard Namjoon call out to me and jog up to me. "Oh uh, yeah. I'm fine. I'm just thinking and repeating something to myself to remember." I smiled awkwardly. "Repetition kills the meaning of something." I looked up at him. "What?" "If you say something over and over and over, it'll lose the meaning. I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. See, it doesn't mean I love you anymore. Just three words that are placed together to form a sentence." He made a valid point. "Oh yeah, true. Why aren't you with the guys and practicing?" I looked up at him and noticed we were only about five inches apart.

"I had to just take a walk to get my mind off of something." I guess Namjoon and I were both struggling to get our minds blank to practice. "Awh, Namjoonie, what are you thinking about?" I teased him like I wasn't in the same situation. "Come on princess, you know I don't like that nick name." I blushed slightly and shook my head. I didn't want these feelings towards him. It wouldn't last, it wouldn't work out at all.

"So I know your friends are going to Jins house and I wasn't sure if any of the guys invited you yet. But we're all hanging out tomorrow afternoon and I was wondering if you'd want to come and hangout with us." Namjoon looked down at me and smiled, his smile was so beautiful how come I never realized before. "Yeah, I'll see if I can make it over." I looked up at him and smiled.

"Well, I should get back to the guys. Good luck with the dance." We said out goodbyes and headed off into different directions. The walk around the school took about ten minutes, I hope Kenzi and Alex wouldn't get mad at me for taking such a long time but it cleared my mind.

I slowly opened the practice room door and heard our song playing. It was just up until the last dance move we added so they were finishing up. Once they finished they stopped the music and looked over at me. "What took you so long?" Kenzi asked after drinking half of her water bottle quickly.

"Yeah I thought it'd take you like five minutes at max, not ten minutes." Alex took a sip of her water. "I ran into Namjoon and we were talking." I walked over to the table and grabbed my water bottle. Drinking half the water before looking over at my friends again.

"So, what happened? What did yall talk about?" Alex questioned. "Nothing much, he said yall were hanging out at Jins house tomorrow so he invited me over." "Oh, are you going?!" Kenzi asked.

"I don't know. Probably, but I have to make sure I don't have too much homework to do." I sighed. We talked for a little while longer and then the period ended. For the rest of the day my thoughts were consumed about how I needed to stop myself from falling for Namjoon.

--

A/N hi sorry im updating really late and its not as long as it should be but i just needed to write something but like writers block sucks

anyways i hope you liked this chapter and them all hanging out will be next chapter :-)