Pete's Gone

You rustle through your suitcase to be sure that you haven't forgotten anything. You shove your ticket into the back pocket of your jeans, zip the suitcase shut, and leave the hotel room, dragging the suitcase behind you. You enter the elevator and push the button for the lobby. You try your best not to burst into tears as you remember why you're leaving.
~flashback~
"Pete, I'm sick of this!" You yell.
"I've told you a million times! I HAVE to go on tour!" Pete yelled back, upset.
"This isn't about the TOUR, Pete!" You snap, "It's about us! You've been spending so much time on your band and none with me. You don't love me, do you, Pete?"
"Of course I love you. And I spend all the time I can with you. Why don't you see that?" Pete asks, visibly getting tears in his eyes.
"I SAW you last night. With that girl. At the restaurant. When I got up to use the restroom, I SAW you put your arm around her, Pete!" You yell, even louder than before.
"She was a friend back in high school!" Pete answers. "I was only saying hello. If I loved HER, I would be taking HER on tour. I love YOU. That's why I wanted to take you on tour, and why I made the arrangements. I WANT to spend more time with you."
"Well, you can take HER," you say. "I'm not going, Pete."
You grab your purse and car keys, walk out of the bedroom, and slam the door to Pete's apartment. Pete watches you drive off through his bedroom window. Tears stream down his face, and he buries his face in his hands. He realizes that he has to go on tour without you.
~end of flashback~