Chapter 23: meeting the lads

"You do realize that many people would kill to be in your position?" Noah asks, his voice coming out muffled through the phone. I look at Gemma, her eyes are focused on her own phone, then I look out the cab window. The city is beautiful and I can't believe that I'm actually here, all thanks to Harry.

I nod, though he can't see me. "Yeah."

He hums. "How far are you from the stadium?"

"I think ten minutes, but we're stuck in traffic."

"I've always wanted to visit London."

"I know. Gem and I toured for a few hours and it's really grand."

I hear his mum call his name, causing him to groan. "Well, I've got to go. It's time for supper. Have fun at the concert!"

"Tell your mum I say hi, and I will."

"Of course. Bye, Em."

"Bye." With that, I hang up.

"So, are you gonna ever tell me why you and Noah are... acting different?" Gemma asks.

Four months ago, when Noah suddenly surprised me with an outburst, things haven't been the same. We both agreed that nothing would change and we'd go back to how we were before Heather, but that clearly isn't how things panned out. He started to become friendlier, I guess, which caused me to pull away a bit. I don't know how to handle someone flirting with me, obviously.

"We aren't acting different," I lie.

She shakes her head and shrugs. "Fine, you don't want to tell me right now, that's okay, but I do expect you to talk eventually."

*

Within fifteen minutes of us arriving to the venue, we are in front of the One Direction dressing room. Unlike any normal person, Gemma twists the door handle and walks in without knocking. Harry is sprawled out on the floor with his arms around himself, asleep. One of his band mates is in a corner, on the phone. The other three are on a couch in front of a TV, playing a video game. They all look up, except Harry, at the sound of the door opening.

I immediately go to Harry and lightly kick my foot against his stomach. His brows furrow, but he doesn't open his eyes. So, I decided to kick his leg.

"Leave me alone Niall," he grumbles, turning around.

The blonde on the couch playing a video games stands up. "Oi! It wasn't me!"

I giggle. His eyes open and I bend down. "Enjoy your nap, Potter?"

He stands up slowly, a lazy smile forming on his lips. My heart leaps at the sight.

"Come 'er," he tells me, opening his arms. Of course, I oblige.

But the hug ends as quickly as it came, because of Gemma. She clears her throat, "excuse me, but aren't you forgetting that I'm your actual sister and I deserve a hug as well?"

"Of course not Gem," he says, pulling her into a hug as well.

When they pull away, he puts an arm over my shoulder. "Emerson, meet Zayn,–" the guy in the corner that was on the phone, "–Niall,–" which is the blonde one, the only one I actually already knew the name of, "–Liam,–" the one with the shaved head, "–and Louis,–" the only one left. "Guys, this is Emerson."

I give them a small wave. "Hi. It's cool to meet you all."

"Fan?" Louis asks me, causing Gemma to snort.

"Sorry," I say, shaking my head. "It isn't that you guys aren't good singers, because everyone knows that this boyband wouldn't would this big if you all didn't have amazing voices--it's just, your music isn't for everyone."

"I do like One Thing and Story of My Life though," I add quickly. "Defiantly two of my favorite songs."

It's quite for a moment before Zayn starts laughing, which causes Louis and Niall to laugh.

"I thought you said that she was a huge fan," Zayn says to Harry.

"I may have stretched the truth."

"But she isn't even a fan," Louis says.

"No I am not." I pull out of Harry's hold and walk towards Gemma. She found a seat on the couch. "Anywho, can I see 5SOS now? I've been dying to be able to speak to Michael again." It isn't like I wasn't excited to meet One Direction, because I sort of was, but now that I have, I want to see Michael, Luke, Calum, and Ashton again. After all, they are my favorite band.

"I actually don't know where they are," Harry says. "But you just got here! Don't you want to hang out for a while? The show doesn't start for another 4 hours."

"What could we do?" I ask.

"Play video games," Niall says, the same time Louis says, "play hide and seek!"

"Do you have Mario Cart?"

Niall nods. "Yes actually. It's the only game Ashton will play."

"I vote hide and seek," Louis says. "The venue is huge and empty, which makes for an amazing game."

"I'm in," Harry says.

Liam nods. "Me too."

"We won't get in trouble?" I ask.

Chucking, Louis shakes his head. "Of course not. We're One Direction."

"So conceited," Gemma mutters under her breathe, making me giggle.

I stand up. "Okay then, I'm in."