New Beginnings as Himself

They walked to an apartment complex and went to apartment number eighty eight.

     "It's not a lot, but you do have your own room. We can go out later today and get you some clothes if you'd like," stated Claudia.

     "Thank you so much for everything, Miss Heinrich," acknowledged Yuuki.

     "Mhm. By the way, I meant to ask you, why did you choose Russia?" Claudia questioned.

     "I had a friend who lived in Moscow. When I got here, I found out that he died a year and a half ago," stated Yuuki.

     "I'm sorry. You don't have to worry now. I'll take care of you," comforted Claudia.

      Yuuki hugged her again. He broke down crying.

     "Shh, Yuuki-kun. It's okay. I'm going to help you. You'll see," reassured Claudia. Yuuki pushed away, wiping his eyes.

    "Sorry, I'm not usually so emotional," he atoned.

     "Don't be sorry. You're a person. You are allowed to cry," permitted Claudia, pulling him back into her arms.

     "Miss Heinrich, you are the nicest, prettiest woman I've ever met," complimented Yuuki.

     "Aw, thank you! I really hope you aren't just trying to schmooze me," cheered Claudia.

     "I'm not. I genuinely like you, and I look forward to working for you," commended Yuuki. He wiped the extra moisture out of his eyes.

     "You're a sweet boy. Let's go get you clothes," suggested Claudia.

     They went to the mall, and picked up a few outfits for Yuuki to wear. They consisted mostly of jeans and colored t-shirts. Yuuki thanked his boss, then went to change. He came back in a pair of dark blue jeans and a purple shirt.

     "What do you want me to do first?" he interrogated.

     "You can take it easy for a few days. Try to learn where everything is, and get comfortable here. Then you can just make meals and clean when it's necessary," instructed Claudia.

     "Thank you so much," received Yuuki.

     "Come here," ordered Claudia as she patted the spot on the couch next to her. Yuuki sat down.

     "A few years ago, I was ready to give up. I had moved here from Germany. I didn't know anyone. I didn't have a job. I was about to lose my apartment. Then I went to a music store. I found a sample of 'Marigold,' and your voice gave me a place to belong. It seemed like after that, my luck changed entirely. I became an art director, moved into this building, and got my life on track. I don't think it was an accident that I heard your music that day. I also don't think that it was an accident that I found you this morning. God wants me to do something. I'm going to find out what. Do you know why I'm telling you that?" storied Claudia.

     Yuuki shook his head.

     "That's why I'm going to help you. You were always there for me, so I'll always be there for you," justified Claudia. Yuuki kissed her cheek.

     "I won't ever be able to sufficiently thank you," he claimed. He started making a mental list of where everything was.

     By five o'clock, he knew enough to make dinner. Claudia excused herself, leaving him to his cooking.

     She came back an hour later, just in time to eat. She and Yuuki spent the meal chatting and laughing with each other.

    Afterwards, Yuuki did the dishes, then went to bed. Claudia reorganized a few of her things, then she too went to bed.