Choke the Life

*A/N: If you read this story, I'm sorry it took (and usually takes) so long for me to update. I'd like to thank dayxbyexday for the motivation to update. And I would like to thank anyone who reads this or any of my other stories*

"Lily! You slut! We know you're in there!" a male voice boomed. Blatant panic froze Yuuki. Claudia quickly dressed herself. She pulled Yuuki to the bathroom, handing him his clothes.

"Stay here. I'll get rid of them," she instructed.

Yuuki was at a loss for words. He opened and closed his mouth several times. He didn't know what to do. Claudia kissed his cheek.

"It'll be alright. I promise. Just stay in here until I come back," reassured Claudia.

She hurried down the hall, staring at the door. She was determined not to let Yuuki get hurt. She inhaled deeply, banishing her jitters. She opened the door slightly.
She recognized the two men. One was her unexpected breakfast visitor. The other was her boss.

"Mr. Markov, sir, what brings you by my apartment this afternoon?" Claudia asked, feigning ignorance.

"Don't play dumb, Heinrich. Not even you are that stupid," Alexander Markov insulted.

"We want Lily. We didn't come for you," the other man explained.

"I'm afraid I don't know any Lily," denied Claudia.

"Markov, why don't we-?" the nameless man started. He made a gesture that Claudia didn't understand.

"Well, she is my subordinate," Markov agreed. He nodded. The other man grabbed Claudia by the waist. He held her tightly in place. Markov moved toward her.

"Stop! So help me, I will get you fired!" demanded Claudia.

"Stupid girl," spat Markov. He choked Claudia with gritted teeth.

"Nobody would believe you," the other man added.

Claudia clawed at her boss's hands as they closed around her throat. Her vision faded to stars. She found her leverage. She put her arms over Markov's pulling at his wrists. He swayed towards her. She kneed him in the groin.

"Security cameras, assholes," she gasped. She rubbed the front of her neck. She caught her breath while her visitors spoke quickly in Russian.

"I will not hesitate to go to the police," informed Claudia.

The men exchanged a look. At first, they seemed determined to punish Claudia. She knew Markov wouldn't risk his job.

"If this doesn't happen again, I won't go to the police, but I want some damn respect!" bargained Claudia.

The men left in silent agreement. Claudia contacted her building's security office to gain access to the recording of her assault. She returned to Yuuki.

"Cloudy! Oh my god!" he sighed. He hugged her tightly. He noticed the bruises that began to form on her neck. "What happened?" he asked.

Claudia explained the situation. She could sense Yuuki's shock. He kissed her forehead.

"You did all that for me?" he wondered aloud.

"I'd do anything for you," replied Claudia, "I won't let anyone hurt you."

"Now, you're hurt. Cloudy, I'm sorry. I should have helped you," atoned Yuuki.

"They never would have left if they saw you," argued Claudia.

"Come here," directed Yuuki. He motioned for Claudia to sit on the edge of the bathtub. He filled it with hot water. "Let me take care of you," he whispered.