Choreography 4: A Loser Never Wins

-Shikō Academy-Lunch-

It would be false to say that Rem had given up on his feelings for Ritsuka. After all, she was his first love after oh-so-many years of living.
So, when he saw the familiar brunette female leaving with Y/N's faithful body guard towards the exit of the school for lunch, instead of towards the Library where the others were 'waiting on him' to arrive to discuss which actions they would be taking next, he was not the happiest devil.

~Rem's POV~
Scowling, I watched Ritsuka walk away with that mutt, flinching as she laughed at something that he had said to her. I don't get it. What happened? Why does she act like nothing happened between the two of us!?
It's a good thing you're not here for Ritsuka, since she's officially off of the market. That stupid (H/C) mutt's words from the first time I met her rang through my head, causing me to growl softly in irritation.
Off the market? Isn't that that human slang for being in a relationship? Is it with this mutt? Or did her brother finally get her heart?
Well, I guess there's one way I can find out.

-Shikō Academy-Library #3/Student Council Room-
"Alright, so I'm sure that the closest key to us would be the Nami Key. It'll obviously be somewhere near the ocean, but from what I know it'll either be here or here." Y/N explained as she made two different marks on the map of Japan placed in front of her. "As well, the power's aura to it is pretty faint, so I think that only three of us should go to retrieve it." Y/N smiled at the three devils-Rem, Ritsuka, and Shi were mysteriously missing at the moment.
"And who put you in charge?" A scoff came from Y/N's desk, causing her to instantly glare at the blond who had appeared in the room.
"Well, seeing as I'm the only one who can locate the other Guardians, I only found it fitting." She explained calmly. "Also, I am the new president, and you're in my seat." Growled the (H/C) as she slammed her hands on the desk that now separated the two.
"How interesting~ Mommy and Daddy are fighting." Urie cooed, causing Y/N to turn paper white and Rem's emerald orbs to widen in his surprise.
"Excuse you!?" Y/N made an attempt to tackle Urie, but was held back by Shiki. "How dare you relate us to some married couple?!"
"But you two do act like one quite a bit. It's almost too funny." Urie chuckled as he looked at his boss and the female werewolf in amusement.
"He's sort of right." Mage quietly observed, closing his eyes and nodding his head to show his agreement, a grin quirking at the corners of his lips.
"They don't look cute together one bit, though." Shiki shook his head, smiling as Y/N dug her nails into his wrists. "How about you both have some sort of battle to see who'll be the leader?" The fallen angel offered.
It was quiet for a bit, the two leaders glaring at each other, before hesitantly giving in.
"Very well, tomorrow morning. Here. Don't be late." Rem stated, before he and the others disappeared.
"Wait what?" Y/N blinked a few times in confusion. "But tomorrow is Saturday!" She whined to nobody.

-Next Day-
"So what are we gonna do? Race? Sparring? Hunting? Eating contest-"
"A Shogi competition."
Y/N blinked at the sudden answer. "Eh?! Really?"
"You said I could choose what I want to do." Rem bluntly answered as he looked at the female with a blank expression.
Y/N sighed. "Fine."
The two then sat at Y/N's desk, the (H/C) unwillingly giving up her spinney chair to Rem while he set up the board. [A/N: I don't know how to do the game, so everything will just be dialogue, but know they're still playing.]
"I've been meaning to ask you." Rem stated during the first few minutes of the game, placing his chin on his fist that was propped up by his elbow, his marine eyes staring at the female intensely.
"I'm listening." Y/N calmly answered, her (E/C) orbs never leaving the tan colored board as she thought of her next move.
"Do you happen to be dating Shi?"
Y/N's eyes instantly met with his cold emerald ones in surprise. "What the-Why-What gave you that idea!?" She stuttered out.
"It was a simple question." Rem bluntly stated, moving his piece.
"Humph. Well, then my simple answer is 'no'. He's my body guard and best friend, as well, he already has a mate." Y/N stated, eyes narrowing at the blond as if she just understood the reason behind his asking.
"A mate, huh?" Rem seemed to relax at this. There's no way Ritsuka can be a mutt's mate. She's human, after all, and all mutts mate with other mutts. He told himself.
"Hai. Though they haven't officially mated yet, it's not a part of her customs. Being human and all. He's dealing with it pretty well, in my opinion." Those words broke Rem, as his shoulders slumped as he stared at the board in despair. "H-Hey, you're not crying, are you?" Y/N frantically rushed to the male's side and placed her hand on his shaking shoulders.