Wonwoo ㅡ Memories

"There! Finally done." I mumbled to myself, wrapping up the box of cupcakes I made myself. Today is my thousandth day with Wonwoo and I decided to make him and the members cupcakes and give him a personalised diamond ring with our name engraved in it.

I looked at the time. "It's almost 6! Wonwoo should be free by then, so I'll rush to the company and surprise him." I washed up and made myself look good and grabbed the bag of cupcakes.

I reached the lobby of Pledis Ent and walked inside. According to the front desk lady, the guys are in the practice room, so that's where Wonwoo should be, and where I'm headed.

I knocked lightly on the door and opened it, greeting the SEVENTEEN members brightly. "Hey there guys!" I noticed the extremely gloomy atmosphere and looked around.

SoonSeok, the brightest members were looking down, despaired. The other members who made eye contact with me looked somewhere else but me. "Where's Wonwoo?" I asked cautiously.

Mingyu, the member closest to me and Wonwoo walked towards me with a forced smile. "Noona, you should head back first." Confused, I asked him, "Wait, why? I made you guys cupcakes."

Mingyu breathed out a deep sigh and had a confused look. Chan walked to me, with another forced smile. "Oh! Noona brought cupcakes. What occasion is it?" Chan said, grabbing a cupcake and eating it.

"It's me and Wonwoo's thousandth day together!" Just as I said that, Chan choked on the cupcake and Jihoon cleared his throat before walking over to me. "You should head home and wait for Wonwoo."

Just as he finished his sentence, it started pouring outside, rain dropping loudly on the window. I looked outside, "Wait why?" Jeonghan walked towards me, "It's dangerous. You should stay, but somewhere else from here."

Wait, why not here? Just then, a bright light flashed, a thunder striked loudly. Immediatly after, a loud slam was heard from the recording room. We all looked there instantly, the room pin-drop silent.

"I WILL NOT BREAK UP WITH HER. OVER MY DEAD BODY. IF YOU WANT, YOU CAN TERMINATE MY CONTRACT FOR ALL I CARE-" Jeonghan covered my ears, equally shocked. My eyes widened in shock. It was Wonwoo's voice.

It's happening. The company, they're doing it. I took Jeonghan's hand off my ear and took out the ring box and placed it on Jeonghan's hand."This is for Wonwoo. I-I'm leaving. "

"No! It's too dangerous!" Jeonghan shouted and the recording room door burst open, revealing Wonwoo who was red from anger and Seungcheol trying to control Wonwoo.

Wonwoo's eyes. He was angry, very angry. Ours eyes met, and his eyes instantly softened. "Babe." I immediatly ran off, out of the company, into the pouring rain.

I can't accept it. No. Not now. Please, not today. I ran and ran and ran. Without a destination, just wanting to be alone. In the pouring rain, I sat on a bench, wiping my tears which blended in with the rain.

I decided, it would be best for me to just stay away from Wonwoo now. I immediatly walked to the nearest train station and boarded a train to my hometown. This is the best choice for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week later, I decided that I had to go back to the apartment me and Wonwoo shared. I can't hide from reality anymore. Even my mother told me, "My child, it's better to face it then run away. Don't sugar coat your broken heart. The longer you keep it away, the more painful it gets."

I unlocked the door and opened it Wonwoo sitting on the couch, with eyes obviously swollen. His hair was unstyled and all over the place. He was a broken mess, just like me. "Baby." He stood up instantly at the sight of me.

He walks towards me and attempted to hug me, only to be pushed away by my hands. "Please, don't." His eyes widened, as if he was going to cry again. "I can explain this."

I just looked away, about to cry. "No need to. I already know what you're going to do." He shook his head, tears streaming down. "Baby, I'm not going to leave you. Never." I looked at him, tears running down my cheeks.

"So what, are you going to give you your career? For me? No. Even if you're willing to, I won't." He looked at me, despaired. "Y-you, don't love me anymore?" I closed my eyes, sobbing.

"YOU IDIOT. I love you more then anything in this world, which is why i can't bear the blame that I ended your dream! There is no way I will live knowing I did that!" I shouted in tears.

He pulled me in and forced my lips onto his, and I just let him. This is our last kiss anyways, might as well make the most out of it. After the heated makeout, he wiped my tears.

"I'm here to tell you this." "Don't do this baby." "Wonwoo ah." "No, don't tell me that." "Let's break up." It was like a pang in my heart. Did I really say that? Wonwoo looked at me, frowning in disbelief.

"You don't mean it. You're saying it because you don't want to-" "NO WONWOO! I MEANT IT. I DON'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE!" I forced the words out of my mouth. And it sliced my hearts into pieces.

Wonwoo brought his hands to his mouth, breaking down, sliding onto the ground. The sight broke my everything. This was how it was going to end. Everything we had together.

I looked away and cried just as hard. "I'm doing this to save your world Wonwoo. I can't afford to bear the blame." He looked up to me, eyes swollen. "This isn't saving it, it's breaking my world." His voice shook as he said.

"Goodbye Wonwoo. Thank you for the pleasant memories. Tell the boys I'll miss them. I'll drop by once in a while to see them. Live a good life, find a girlfriend that's more valuable then me and be happy. Promise that you'll forget about me." I said, leaving the apartment we once shared.

Little did Wonwoo know, my world was slowly breaking as well.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(a/n): Hi! Author's block but I'm back! I read something similar on tumblr and i don't know how but yeah, this happened. Decided to leave it on since I wrote it on the plane back from Taiwan but yeah. Till the next update, bye! :)