Mingyu ㅡ Last Goodbye

Jaein POV

I sat in the cafeteria, biting my lips as my friends around me ate their meals. "Are you skipping meals again?" Jurin asked, with a pair of eyes that pitied me. I hate it, I hate that look. I looked away, "I had a heavy breakfast." She sighed and I could feel her looking down on me.

My name is Jaein, and I'm currently a year 3 in high school. I come from an all girls school and I have a boyfriend, Mingyu, from Seoul Broadcasting School. Since it's the exam period, we've both been busy since we're in different schools, and haven't met regularly.

"Here." Saneul placed a fruit juice and granola bar infront of me. "Regardless a heavy breakfast or not, you have to eat." I sighed, looking at all of them. The same pair of eyes, judging me. I looked away and unwrapped the granola bar, chewing on it slowly.

This disgusting feeling, the food I my mouth, I wanted to spit it all out. But I couldn't do it infront of my friends. I hesitantly swallowed the granola bar and took a small sip of the juice. The feeling when the water dribbled down my throat is... gross.

I almost cried forcing myself to eat and watching my friends pity me. Soon after, the bell rang and we returned to class. I sat at my table, all the way to the back, furthest from everyone. Just as my friends sat down, I rushed out of the classroom, to the washroom.

I slammed myself in the cubicle and started to induce myself to throw up. I had to finish half the granola bar and all the fruit juice, or else my friends refused to leave the cafeteria. Soon after, I started throwing up as I wished.

This burning feeling at the back of my throat, so pleasurable. After throwing up, I flushed the toilet and wiped my mouth. I regulated my breathing and stepped out the cubicle to wash my hands and refresh myself before returning to class.

I walked into class, thank god the teacher still wasn't there and no one noticed that I was gone. I looked to my seat partner who was talking to the next table, I then looked at my friends to see them on their phones and just sighed lightly in relief.

I took out my phone and texted Mingyu.

"Did you just end your lunch time? I hope you had a good meal. Good luck for the rest of the day!" Mingyu was always a loving boyfriend, but recently, stress has been taking a toll on him and as much as he tries to hide it, he was struggling.

He still loved me nonetheless, despite showing me less affection, meeting up less. "Don't burden him. It's school." I convinced myself that he wasn't falling out of love with me, having insecurities running all around my mind. He isn't, right? It's just school, right?

Mingyu's POV

I felt my phone vibrate and I checked it secretly under the table. It was a text message from Jaein and I opened the text. "Did you just end your lunch time? I hope you had a good meal. Good luck for the rest of the day!" I heard her voice echo in my head as guilt overrides me.

I haven't been paying much attention to her since the upcoming exams were nearby, and she has been extremely patient with me, despite our different schools. I'm glad I met her, she's amazing. "Mhm. Did you eat well? Let's meet later. I'll be outside your school, love you~ You too, fighting~" I texted back.

Just as I pressed the sent button, a text came in. It was Jaein's friend, Jurin. "Hey, have you and Jaein been meeting lately? And does she go to the washroom whenever you guys finish a meal?" I pondered, what a weird question.

"Been busy with school but we're meeting today. And yes, yes she does. What's wrong?" I pressed sent and looked to the front, still no teacher present. My phone vibrated again, this time, twice. From Jurin, "Oh, I see. You'll see for yourself later. I really hope you're taking care of our Jaein."