Chapter 15

My phone buzzed on my nightstand. Cameron texted me.
C: can u come over for a little bit? I need to talk to you about something...
A: what time
C: how about noon
A: sure thing
I glanced at my alarm clock, it was 11:40. So I started to get dressed. I picked out a long sleeve black shirt with high waisted black jeans. I decided to put my hair into two braids in the front, just like I used to, according to Cam and Gabe.
"Where are you off to?" Gabe asked. He was laying on the couch, staring at the television.
"Cam's house." I grabbed a pack of fruit snacks and the car keys, and started walking out.
"Have fun!" He shouted before I closed the door behind me.
She seemed kinda serious, but you can never tell through text I guess.
I finished off my fruit snacks, and pulled into her drive way.
What if something happened? I hope she's alright.
I shut off the car, and sat there for a few minutes. For some reason my heart was beating really fast. I mean, it's always happened whenever I'm around her, but I've always ignored it. Up until now. I sighed, and started to walk towards the door. Cam opened it before I could walk up the stairs, and held it open for me.
"So," I let out a breath. "What is it?"
"Where would you be most comfortable talking? My room, the table, the couch..." Cam shifted uncomfortably.
"You look extremely uncomfortable, how about we go where you're most comfortable." She nodded, and fiddled with her hands as she started to walk towards her room.
"I don't know why I'm so nervous, I mean... It's just a small thing." Hues of pink dusted her cheeks. And I n other words, she's blushing. We sat on her bed.
"I also want to ask you something when you're done." I said.
"Alright, I'm not going to be straight forward with you." She laughed a little. "Heh, straight. I can't even be straight." She mumbled the last part.
"Hm?" I tilted my head in confusion.
"Nevermind... Actually, how about you go first." She said. I looked down at my knees.
"Alright... Well uh..  The other day... I found my old diary. And I talked a lot about you... Like, in a romantic way, I guess... And I uh... I still think about you all the time... I guess what I want to ask you is..." I looked at her, my face turning red. I breathed in slowly, and shakily breathed out. "I think I'm..." Cameron started to get closer to me. "In love with you.." And that was what it took to close the gap between us. She pressed her soft lips against mine, and it took me a minute to react, but soon enough, my fingers were tangled in her hair. We broke apart for air, and I fell back onto the bed. Cameron laid next to me, and kissed my neck, which sent chills up my spine.
"I think I'm in love with you too."