Figure It Out.

Please don't forget to Vote, and Comment! :) 

Thanks so much! P.S.-I dedicate chapters to my favorite commentors. ;) 

Gif of Tommy on the side. Enjoy!

"What are you doing in Dublin?" 

Tommy McConnell was standing in the doorway watching Eva carefully while she glared through him, refusing to answer his question. Her coldness and her refusal to even look at him straight, stung more than he cared to admit. 

After a few awkwardly tense seconds, Tommy tried a different question. "Are you going to let me in?" 

"No." Eva said, swinging the door open further as she walked away, almost as if daring him to walk in anyways. He knew better than to try it though, even on the old Eva it was risky. 

Instead, he watched from the doorway as she took a kettle of boiling water off the stove and poured the hot liquid into two red cups, stirring cream in before walking back to the doorway with one in her hands.

"Expecting someone else?" Tommy asked, eyeing the single cup of steeping hot tea on the counter. 

"As a matter of fact," Eva sipped gingerly from her cup, nodding her head in approval at the taste; "I am." 

"Oh?" His eyebrows rose in curiosity, "Who?" 

"It’s none of your business." She replied curtly. 

"Ach," Tommy's hand went to his heart in mock offense, "so cold lass. Sebastian was right. You really have changed." 

"You have no idea." She muttered before taking another sip of her tea. It was said loud enough for him to hear, but quiet enough for him to wonder if she'd actually said it or if he'd just imagined it. 

"You used to be so polite. Making guests stand in your doorway while you drank tea in front of them without offering would have been a crime you'd never commit." He scolded lightly. 

Eva's eyes narrowed, "If I remember correctly, I'm not the criminal here. And as for guests...I don't see any. Just an intruder who thinks he can walk back into my life as if nothing ever happened." Nothing in her face or voice betrayed how she was feeling; she didn't sound or look angry or upset; just calm and collected. 

"I'm no intruder; I haven't even crossed the doorway. And if you really didn't want me walking back into your life, then why are you in Dublin?" Tommy asked, a smirk playing on his lips as if he'd caught her.  

She shrugged, "Simple, for business." 

"Ah right, that's what Sebastian told me..." he shook his head at her, "but I don't buy it." 

"Well, you don't have too." Eva said matter-of-factly as she put her cup down on the table next to her with more force than needed. 

"C'mon Eva. We both know I can tell when you're lying." Tommy said, "Just tell me the truth." 

She raised her eyebrows, scoffing at his assumption that after seven years he'd still be able to tell that. "You know what, if you think I'm lying, than what do you think I could possibly be here for other than business?" 

"Possibly revenge?" He guessed. 

Eva laughed, her eyes lighting up with amusement. "Please, Tommy, don't flatter yourself." 

Tommy shrugged, "Alright, I didn't think it was, but I figured I'd ask. I've guessed now, so tell me." 

Eva suddenly smiled, "You know what Tommy. Figure it out."