Dear Drew

Dear Drew,

What if I said it to you first, would you be mine?

What if I never became your bestfriend, would you see me differently?

Too many what ifs.

You don't know how much I wanted to say those three words that can change everything between us. However I didn't have the courage to say it to you...why? because you're happy with someone else, with my bestfriend.

I'm writing you this letter so I can tell you the words I can never say to you personally. Words left unspoken. Time put to waste. Chance I didn't grab. Those three words, I love you.

For the nth time, I crumpled and threw the paper in the trash can.

I am writing here for hours but I can't even write a good letter.

I reached for the drawer to get another piece of paper but instead of feeling the soft texture of the paper, I felt something hard and I was eager to know what it is.

I grab it and I knew that it was a photo album. I suddenly felt the eagerness to open it. But as I opened the album, tears started falling from my eyes. There I saw, pictures of me and the person I love.

Memories came rushing back to me, those priceless moments my bestfriend and I had.

Then it hit me. It's true, pictures are worth a thousand words.

I turned the page and I saw me and Carl in a park.

It's the place where we first met and this is the place where we build most of our memories together.

We are so happy and we feel it's only me and him living in this world, everything around us doesn't seem to exist. It's like we built a world with only me and him living in it.

We are always with each other, inseparable. I got so used to it and then I fell inlove.

Yet the most painful fact is that, you would never love me. Because you love someone else.

I hope you are happy right now, cause it's been 5 years since we last saw each other.

For the last time, I want to say I love you my dearest Drew.

I'm letting you go now.

The last thing I would do is send this picture, my dearest Drew.