Two Years Ago

It all started on my fourteenth birthday when I caught the most amazing scent.

I followed the scent and it brought me near the empty school corridor. I heard a boy having a conversation in his phone.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay. Bye." the boy hung up just as he has heard my footsteps.

But I was too late.

"Who's there?" He yelled.

But I didn't pay attention because I already ran. Because it was no other than Trevor himself.

I don't want to be his mate. He's a player!

Trevor's POV:
I could hear faint footsteps emerging from the lockers. I was alone in here so I could talk to my Dad more clearly.

Alpha business. It always was.

"So, found your mate already?" He asked me.

I just don't understand why Dad is so persistent that I never find my mate. After all, he was happy with his mate. My Mom.

But then, she passed away... And it killed the loving side of him.

"You have to understand, Son. Being mateless is much better than having a mate dying in your arms at all..." Dad reminded me.

Rouge attack.
That's how he lost my Mom.

"Yeah, yeah. Okay. Bye." Dang! I'm so tired of this conversation already! It's like he wants brainwash me or something.

I walked continuously onto the school corridors filled with kids my age. Some guys looked up to me and backed away the moment they hear my footsteps.

And the girls would fight over just to get a single glance from me which I normally never do.

Even those girls who had a few 'chat' with me at school never gets the honor to have one.

'These eyes are only for my mate.' my wolf growled.

Since they never get to be that close to me emotionally, all that there is was that physical one.

These girls just keep on kissing me whenever they had a chance but who cares?

I'm better off being mateless anyway. Might as well enjoy it.

I was 15 at that time. And I was miserable.