The theif

What my father told me right before he left me pierced through my mind as I ran around the streets of Sillenium away from the guards. 

"Look kid, all your life you will just be another peasant walking the streets. No one will ever bother to remember your name, or waste one little breath to stop and talk to you. You will always be a nobody. So don't bother dreamin kid, 'cause all dreams are, are false hopes." He says to me with a strong slur as he finishes hastily jamming all his belongings into a bag. He turns toward me and pats me on the cheek as he walks out the door and not once looks back. 

....................... 

At this moment I'd want nothing more than to be a nobody. But I'm far from one. 

My name around here is, well... I guess you could say pretty famous. But not in the good way. Basically anyone who has ever heard of me either wants to murder me, take me to prison, or join me. It's very rare for someone to want to join me though. 

I cut around the corner into one of the side roads hoping to lose a few of the guards. After I turn, I listen to hear how many footsteps are chasing me. I hear four pairs. There used to be about seven pairs of footsteps so I lost a few people. 

"Come on guys! You can run faster than that!" I tell the guards as I sprint down the road.

I need a way to distract them. Just then I notice I'm heading right for the "Black Dune", a little pub where all the merchants and peasants usually go to drink away all their sorrows. There are two drunken merchants walking out of the pub. They are both extremely wasted, tipping over forward from each step they take.  

I run up to the fruit cart sitting on the side of the road. I slow down so as not to go toward it with too much momentum. As soon as I pass it I abruptly turn my body to face the cart again. I grab the two back corners and tip the whole cart over causing all of the fruit to roll down. the road and cause every guard after me to go into a full on collision and all fall onto each other one by one.  

"You'd think they'd have given up by now!" I yell to one of the villagers walking down the street. They're look on they're face when I said that was absolutely priceless.

As the guards struggle to get back up I run up to the "Black Dune" and pull a brown leather coat from the arm of one of the drunken merchants causing him to fall over without even being aware of what just happened before him. 

I run over to the corner of the building and throw on the coat, as well as putting on my hood before the guards could see me. 

I nonchalantly walk towards the guards and try to act natural. 

Before I can walk fully away one of the guards grabs my coat's collar, and pulls me close to his face. "Woah, chew on a mint leaf once in a while." I mumble under my breath as I feel the guard's hot breath on my face. 

"Have you seen a boy around sixteen or eighteen run down in this direction." 

"Oh, I don't know. Possibly, if I felt the weight of gold in my hands.. It would help me remember." I replied as I smirked under the shadow of my hood.  

"You little Lourian trash." The guard grunts out as he pulls out five gold peices. 

"I get that a lot." I said as I grabbed the gold from his hand and stuck it in my pocket. 

"He went that way." Nodding off towards the right. 

The group of guards ran off in the direction I led them toward as I walked away down the road. As I was about to turn I heard a loud yelp coming from behind me and guards yelling "There you are!" And "You really thought you'd get away with this!"