Chapter 5

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping and merchants screaming out what type of sales they have going on.

As I got up off my "bed", I began to do weird stretches around the room to wake myself up. As I was pulling my arm in all different directions I noticed something odd sticking out from underneath my lantern.

I suspiciously dropped my arms and walked up to the mysterious item. As I got closer I realized that sticking out was a corner of an envelope.

I lifted the lantern and grabbed the envelope off of the ground. I looked around the whole outside of the paper, and found nothing. There was no name saying who it came from, just a blood red circle that which sealed the envelope shut.

I cautiously began to open it, as if when I opened it I would let out a poison that would slowly and painfully be the death of me. When I finally got it opened, I pulled out a folded up piece of paper.

I unfolded the paper and before I even read it, I looked down at the bottom corner where I saw a name.

Walter Cromwell

I stood there and stared down at the paper in shock. This is impossible. It has to be. There is no way that Walter Cromwell, my father, sought me out and sent me a letter.

Even if it was him, how did he know I was here? When he left me, we were in the city of Oringon. How could he have possibly known I was in Sillenium?

I began to read the letter.

Dear Rowan,

I bet you're wondering how I found you,

well so am I. Just as I began to give up hope,

I decided to go down to the "Parishing

Hearts" for a few drinks. That's when I saw

you. So I followed you home. I felt like if I

came to you in person first... It would just

overwhelm you too much. And you truly

proved me wrong kid. I told you you would

always be a nobody. Boy was I off. Just

please, meet me behind the "Parishing

Hearts" building tonight at ten p.m. This is

all I ask. Please, do not let me down.

Impossible. This has to be a dream. How else could I explain this? After I thought maybe it wasn't my father, but who else would have known what he told me right before he left? No one but me and him. Right?

I drop the envelope and let it fall to the floor as I try to put all of this together. No matter what I begin to think it always comes back to "this is my father and I must meet him behind "Parishing Hearts" tonight at ten."

"I need some air." I mumble to myself as I grab my beige coat and throw it on over top of my navy blue shirt with the bark brown leather vest over it. I throw on my hood as I jump out of the hole in my wall and my feet land hard onto the ground.

I walk down the row of houses and then. Turn onto one of the back roads. I have to get tonight out of my mind somehow. I decide that if I focus on trying to steal something I might not think about the letter or my father or tonight.

I turn left onto a main road and begin to look at all of my surroundings. There are two fruit carts sitting next to each other on the right side of the road. On the left, farther down I see a cart holding up some display cases. The man behind the cart is yelling "Silver Necklaces for 100 gold!" And "Proposal rings for 120 gold!"