Chapter 19

~Arabella's P.O.V.~

"Wow, you are horrible at dancing." Eric tells Rowan. Rowan stops doing some strange wiggle with his butt and looks up, seemingly offended.

"Um excuse me? I think the ladies would disagree." He replies.

"Ohh yeah, Arabella?" Oliver turns to me with an amused look. I looked over at Rowan and he raised his eyebrows at me, putting his hands on his hips.

"Rowan..." I started, trying to look as serious as possible. "If you keep doing that, none of the ladies would ever leave you alone." I said sarcastically.

He puffed up his chest and started nodding at everyone as if to say, "Told you I looked good."

Everyone bursted out laughing, including me. Rowan just stood there and stared at us.

"I don't know why you guys are laughing. You should be using your precious time learning how to dance, because compared to me you'll all look like untalented worms."

Everyone started laughing even harder and Rowan cracked a smile, losing his fake seriousness.

"Man, I wish you guys had come sooner. All our past fires would have been a lot funner." Derek said, sobering up.

"Yeah, I wish Weston was here, where's that guy at?" Eric said, looking around for Weston.

"I don't know, some people were talking and I heard that his dad called him in to his office and when he came back out he seemed pretty pissed." Justin answered.

"He always seems pissed."

"Yeah, but this time he looked even madder." Eric widened his eyes at Justin as if He just heard the scariest thing in the world.

Eric yelled, through the crowd at the fire, "Everyone stay clear of Weston, he's madder than usual!" He said mocking the fact that he is always angry.

"I never thought that was possible!" A person yelled from the crowd.

Everyone began to laugh and then turn back to their current conversations.

Rowan and I were looking for Weston earlier, and we found him sitting down at a bench. We would have gone over, but when we got closer we realized he was having a conversation with the little girl I saw talking to him in the carriage. We decided they needed their space.

"Who's Weston's father?" Rowan asked.

"Weston didn't tell you?" Oliver questioned.

Rowan shook his head and Oliver opened his mouth to answer, "He's actually the leader of this town. Nothing like Weston that's for sure."

"What do you mean?" I chimed in.

"Weston's dad is the complete opposite. When you see Weston walking on the street, you usually think, 'I better stay clear of him, he'll probably chop my head off if I say the wrong thing', but then if you see Weston's dad, Sir Francis, you think, 'Hey, I should have a conversation with that man sometime, he seems like a lot of fun'." Eric told us. Rowan and I nodded to him.

When I first met him, I figured he wasn't the nicest man on earth. Then again, he did know that I was Arabella and Rowan was well... Rowan. There was bound to be a reward if he told my father where we were, but he never did. He could also just be waiting for the right moment.

All I know is that Rowan and I need a place to stay and this is the only welcoming and safe place we found so far, and Weston is our only way of staying here.

No matter how mean and depressing he seems, there's gotta be a heart down there somewhere.

But his eyes told me something different. All I could think about ever since I spoke to him were his eyes. Crystal blue. They seemed as hard and cold as true crystals. I've never seen anything like them before.