Chapter 7

~Arabella P.O.V.~

"Okay, you're all ready!" My mother tells me excitedly and then hands me the mirror to look at myself.

I hold the mirror up to my face and look out at my reflection. I have different shades of brown eye shadow on my eye lids that are supposed to bring out my blue eyes. I also have a clear shade of lip gloss making my large plump lips shine. My eyelashes were dark and long. My bright blonde hair was going down my back in long wavy spiral curls.

"Oh, you're absolutely beautiful." My mom said pressing her hand against her chest as if my face has touched her heart in some deep way.

I put the mirror down onto my dresser and stand up. I almost tip over from the large high heels that my mother had picked out for me. "Thank you mom I love it." I said in order to make her happy.

"You're welcome." She said as she sat there smiling at me. "Alright well, I guess it's time you go down to the ball room. Most of your guests have already arrived."

"Well I'll see you down there." I said.

I walk out of my room and the minute I leave my mother, I take off the plastered smile I had on my face the whole time she got me ready.

I can't stand that woman. I know she means well, but I just can't stand her. Everything she does around me gives a nervous twitch that I can't stop. My father isn't much better. He knows how his guards treat the villagers and he doesn't even care. I don't even know why he tries to be a father, because he's horrible at it. The only thing that he actually cares about is capturing Rowan Cromwell. I mean, I would like to see him be caught too, but no where near as much as my father does.

Rowan Cromwell is a nasty boy. He had killed three guards in the past. I still don't understand how anyone would be able to take a life. The search for him has also been ruining villagers lives. Does he not see what the guards do to the people who they end up thinking are "Rowan". If he had any heart he would try to save the people by turning himself in.

I walk down the steps to the second floor and realize that I only have one more staircase left before I walk into the ball room and have to suffer through the night.

When I make it to the second floor I hesitate before going down the next staircase.

I could just run away forever. Go and travel the world. Maybe I'd even be able to get Oliver to come. He seems like the adventurous type. The door is right there. The only people I have to get through is the two guards on the other side and then I'm free. But I know there is more to it than that. So I find myself going down the next staircase on my way to the ball.

When I get down the staircase I find myself on the first floor. I walk through the double doors that open up to the ball room and stand at the top of the grand staircase.

God, I hate this part. I walk down the staircase as everyone in the room turns toward and gawks at me as I walk down the steps. I finally make it to the bottom of the staircase and try to find the nearest table to sit at.

Before I even make it two steps a very handsome man walks up to me. "Good evening, princess." The way he said princess made me almost vomit all over his new black shoes.

"Evening." I said giving him a smile.

"Do you know who I am?" The man says as he bends down and kisses my hand. He puts his arm around my waist.

"A man who is invading my personal space?" I say as sweetly as possible. He just sits there and gawks at me, which is when I see my father run over to us and smile at the man.

"Sweetheart, I see you have met Edward." My dad says, "Edward is the prince of Sytan." My father gives me a look that says "be nice to the man or I will personally kick you out of the castle"... I took that as a challenge.