P R O L O U G E

"Oh Myles, he's beautiful!" Briar exclaimed as she lay on a small, comfy-ish bed, looking as tired as can be whilst holding a tiny human in the comfort of her arms.
"Of course he is, he came from you," Myles replied, giving her a small kiss on her cheek, which made her give him a wide grin. "Now let me hold this little one."
Carefully, Briar passed the small creature over to Myles, placing him gently in his arms. She couldn't help but smile at the scene; her husband slowly rocked their child back and fourth in his arms, and every so often, glancing back to Briar to give her a wide smile. He began to tickle the baby's chest a little with his fingers, making the little boy squirm with excitement in Myles' arms.
    "What should we call him?" Briar asked, interrupting their father-son play session. "What names do you like?"
"Well," Myles began, "I think you should choose the name Bri, considering you had to go through the pain of birth and a stressful nine months of carrying him."
Briar let out a small giggle at his choice of words. He has a point, she thought. She also smiled so wide that it showed all of her pearly white teeth. She looked down at the tiny human in Myles' arms, and contemplated what would suit him the best.
"Here," Myles spoke up, snatching her out of her thoughts, "you take him, you can get a better view of him if you hold him."
And with that being said, Myles slowly passed the tiny human over to Briar, and helped her sit up slightly in the process.
She began to scan the baby's face as she cradled him, wondering what will suit him. Jack? Tom? Charlie? No, she thought, and sighed a little at the decision making. What about Adam? she questioned herself, before deciding that it would fit perfectly for her baby's name.
    "Well," she said, grabbing her husband's attention attention, "what about Adam?"
     His eyes lit up and a large grin appears on his face. Adam! Yes, Adam, he thought to himself.  It's perfect!
    "That's perfect, love," he replied and got up out of his seat, to give her a small kiss on her forehead.
     Of course Myles knew everything a normal human being should know by now. He could do it all! Cook, clean, drive, go to work and, of course, show affection to the girl of his dreams.
    "When do we get to take Adam home?" Briar asked. "I can't wait for everyone to see him!"
     By 'everyone', Briar was referring to her parents, her sister, and her friends. Myles didn't have anyone, but he told anyone who asked that Briar was enough family for him. Besides, he'd got Adam as well.
    "The nurse said tomorrow," he replied, "because you need to rest tonight. You do look quite tired."
    "I suppose I am," she said before passing Sam back to Myles because she could see how much he wants to hold him, "tired I mean."
"Of course you are, Bri! Giving birth doesn't look easy!"
She gave him a look of 'duh' before saying, "You're right about that! I genuinely thought I was going to blackout at any moment.?"
"It definitely looked like you were. But I'm glad you didn't."
"Me too. I'm just glad that my fear didn't come true."
"What was that?"
"Dying in childbirth"
"Thank God you didn't. I'm glad Adam didn't kill you."
"You're right, I mean you're right that I'm glad that Adam didn't kill me."
     "I'm always right."
     She let out a small giggle at Myles' last comment. Well, she giggled everyday, laughing fits even! Myles was everything a girl could ask for! Always making Briar smile, laugh, happy and, most importantly, he always made her feel loved. Letting Briar be sad just wasn't an option for Myles! He would do anything for her, after how she saved him. He still wasn't sure why the scientists kept torturing him. He thought about it every day. Why did they want to torture me? Wouldn't that just kill me, and then they'd never find out why I can see pasts! he thought in every chance he got. Sometimes, it came across his mind that they had found out why he could see pasts, and it was something bad so they were trying to get rid of him! Of course he never found out the answer, as he never knew how to. But, he gradually began to forget about it. Years had passed since then, and this was his new life- a family with Briar and Adam.
"I think that you ought to rest now Bri," Myles said as she began to yawn and let her eyelids droop a little. "You need to be wide awake tomorrow!"
"You're right again," she replied sleepily, letting her words slur as she began to drift off into a deep slumber as Myles gently massaged her head with one hand, the other holding Adam.
"I love you, more than you'll ever know," Myles said even though he knew that she was asleep.
None the less, his words are completely true. He loved Briar, more than any other love in the entire universe.

-
So here is my introduction chapter of my sequel to 'The Secret He Has'! Please don't stop reading because it's written in third person. I hope you guys like it so far! Also, what do you think of this being written in third person instead of 'point of views'? I hope you're okay with it because I'm going to start writing like this in my future books!
Follow me on Instagram! briarsturns + briarvideos ❤️:)