Chapter 1

Five years later, Adam is now five (duh), Myles and Briar are both twenty five years old. Sorry for the time jump, but it's important for the story line.
-
*Sorry for any mistakes*
{Written in third person}

A thick silence filled the large house. Normally, you'd expect to hear snoring from everyone, but no. The three Erlicks do not snore! This is most surprising, because Briar's parents and sister each snore, yet she has not inherited that from them! Myles however, has no idea about his parents snoring, so let's leave it a that. But no one wants to hear about their family history of snoring, do they?
     The sun began to peep through the black blinds which were only slightly shut, letting anyone who peered through being able to see the sweet couple embracing each other in their arms. This is how they slept most days, sometimes it changed. Sometimes Briar was snuggled agains his chest like a moth attracted to light, and sometimes Myles would be lost in her long hair, like his head was in a maze that was impossible to get out of.
     Bring! Bring! Sounded their alarm clock, which gave them a slight jump and soon made them groan in disappointment. Like most people, Myles and Briar both hated getting up in the mornings. The only they way they liked to be woken up was by the other giving them a kiss on the cheek, forehead, or lips. Whichever one was chosen, they didn't mind. But an alarm clock? No. A constant ringing of a small device shouting at them to get up off your lazy butt and get up? No, no one likes that. Unless you (reading) do, then apologies on my behalf.
     Anyway, Briar began to roll out of Myles' grasp, feeling around on her bedside table for the damn device that was disturbing her and Myles' sleep-cuddle time.
Eventually, she found it, and hit the top of it as hard as she can, almost as if she wanted to kill it. She began to groan some more, realising that it was her turn to take their son, Adam, to school. But, she could have a little extra time with Myles first, right? It wasn't like the child wanted to go to school, or is awake.
     However, seeing that Myles was awake, but trying to get back to sleep and clearly annoyed about the alarm clock, Briar gently tangled her fingers in his hair, smoothly running them through the silky glory, and she gave him a gentle good morning kiss on the lips.
     At the touch of her fingers on his hair, and the smooth feeling of her lips on his, Myles, almost immediately, pulled her closer to him, kissing her back and wrapping his strong arms around her. This is probably the best feeling in the world, he thought, and they continued their morning kissing-session.
     Once they pulled away, Myles pulled her into a bundle into his arms, kissing her on the forehead as she snuggled up into his chest, both smiled to themselves. I guess you could describe this moment as 'the cute scene' from romantic films. Except, this wasn't a scene for Myles and Briar, no. This was their life. Their perfect little life together.
     "You know," Myles stated, breaking the morning's silence, "this doesn't get you out of taking Adam to school, no matter how cute you may be."
     "Ugh," Briar groaned. "Please can you take him, Mylo? I'm really tired this morning."
     "Now Bri," Myles began, "we both perfectly well know that I took him yesterday, which means it's your turn today. Besides, I have work in a few hours, so I need to make sure that I get my beauty sleep."
     "Okay, okay," Briar surrendered, "you win, I'll get up, and take our son to school. Happy now?"
     "Hm, not quite."
     "And why not?"
     "Because I haven't seen all of my beautiful wife."
     Briar began to giggle a little at his reply, so she pulled the covers off her, and stands up, and showed herself to Myles. Don't worry, she wasn't naked. She was wearing her blue pyjama shorts and white, sleeveless shirt, which revealed some of her smooth skin, and it made Myles smile.
     He then pulled the covers of himself, revealing his outfit. Covering his top half was a nothing, just himself, and covering his bottom half, a pair of grey pyjama bottoms, the usual.
A smile appeared on Briar's face as he walked closer to her, and he took hold of her hands whilst he looked into her eyes with awe.
"You're beautiful," he said, "inside and out."
"I love you," she replied, giving him a peck on the lips, and then she let go of his lips to wrap her arms around his neck while he wrapped his arms around her waist and her head rested on his shoulder, overall an amazing hug.
"Seriously though," he spoke up, interrupting their hug, "you do have to take Adam to school. His teacher goes crazy if he's late!"
"Haha, okay," she said with a smile. "Can you get him dressed for me? Please? I have to shower, get changed, do my hair do my makeup, and I'm sure your 'beauty sleep' can wait for now."
"Anything you want, Princess."
     In fact he did treat her like a princess, wherever they went, even if they were staying at home. He always made her feel like she was the prettiest, and most wonderful girl alive.
     "Thank you," she replied, and gave him the small, touch of her lips on his cheek, "I'm going to take my shower now, make sure Adam behaves!"
     And with that being said, she slid out of his grasp and walked inside their ensuite, the door shut behind her, but not locking. However, it was time for Myles to face his biggest challenge of his day- getting Adam up and dressed.

~~~~~
Woo! Hey, please don't stop reading because it's written in third person! Please comment if you like this, or if I should go back to POVS which would kind of take ages to redraft what I've written but what you all want is more important 💞 I never forgot that I promised a sequel for The Secret He Has 😜 Please comment if you like this book so far 💜
Thanks for reading!