Chapter 4

In only a matter of minutes, Briar and Myles were in their bedroom, sitting on their bed, their backs against the soft pillows. Briar had dragged him up there incase Adam heard what she was about to tell him. She decided that it would be best if Myles confirmed Briar's thinking correct.
     "So," Myles began, looking at her directly in the eye, "what's the problem? Has Adam done something bad at school that he's got in trouble for?"
     "No, Myles," Briar replied, taking hold of his hands and a large gulp. "The problem is a lot bigger than that. I just hope I'm wrong."
     "Briar, you're worrying me!"
     "Okay, this may come as a shock, a big shock."
     "What is it?"
     "Adam, he can see people's futures."
     Myles' mouth dropped open in a tremendous shock! What? he thought, continuing to stare right at Briar, but not moving a muscle. He can see people's futures? This can't be true! he thought, so lost and dazed that he almost forgot that Briar was there with him.
     Of course, her face was now rather scared and upset because her husband wasn't responding. Is he going to leave? she questioned herself, trying to snap Myles out of his trance. He can't leave me! Just because of this!
     "Myles," Briar said sternly, "Myles say something!"
     Instantly, he awoke out of his trance and saw his wife, panicking. Quickly, he gathered her into a hug, calming her down and making sure she knew that he did still love her, by showing signs of affection. But, Myles still didn't seem sure about the whole situation. His son could see people's futures? Suddenly, Myles realised that Adam must've inherited his genes, making perfect sense of what was happening. But was Briar sure?
     "Briar," he said, gently pulling her away so they were looking directly at each other, "how do you know?"
     "He told me about his day when I picked him up from school," Briar began. "He told me that when he looked at his friends, he saw older people, and when he looked at his teacher, he saw an old lady."
     "Okay, we need to tell him, who those people are, and we should probably tell him about what I can do."
     "But he'll tell everyone! It's not like we can just pull him out of school to save him from blabbing yours and his secrets!"
     "Gosh, you're right. Ugh, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. If I wasn't born this way then-"
     He got cut off when he felt Briar's lips pushing against his, making him stop talking. He instantly kissed back, not caring about her interrupting him, but wondering why she did it.
     Once they pull away, she said, "Don't you ever say that it's your fault again! You're the best person I know, so guess who Adam will turn out like?"
     "I love you," Myles mumbled as he pulled he into a hug, nestling his head into her bush of blonde.
     "Right back at you."