Chapter 2

As Briar showered, Myles crept into Adam's room. Darkness filled the area, but light soon took over as Myles pulled the curtains apart and annoyingly shouted, "Time to get up Adam! You've got school today!"
     "No," Adam mumbled in reply, "I don't want to get up! School is boring Daddy!"
     "Boring?" Myles questioned, walking over to his Son, "Boring? All you do is play!"
     "But Mrs Fox started teaching us maths yesterday," Adam stated, referring to his teacher as he lifted his head up from his pillow. His brown hair sat perfectly on his head, fluffy and smooth, "that's boring!"
     "Ah, I see," Myles replied, sitting on his son's bed. "But Adam, don't you realise that you could be the best in the class at maths if you learn? You could even outshine the girls!"
In Adam's class, all the girls seemed to be smarter than the boys, so for Adam to be smarter than them was something for him to be proud of.
     "You're right daddy!" Adam exclaimed, shooting his eyes open to look at his father. "I can be better than the girls!"
     "Well then, you'd better get dressed. Come on!"
     That was easy enough, Myles thought.
     And with that being said, Myles pulled the covers off Adam, which made his son shiver a little. Then, he gently lifted him up, and plonked him down onto the carpet. Much like Myles, Adam had short, sleek brown hair, yet fluffy, and, like Briar, beautiful green eyes. Of course he was short, like every child his age.
     Sitting on the top of the chest of draws was Adam's school uniform- a pair of black trousers, a white polo shirt, and a blue jumper with his school's logo sewn on. Myles walked towards them, picked them up, and threw them at Adam.
     "Hey!" Adam yelled, glaring at Myles, making him giggle. "Don't throw things at me!"
     "Oh, I'm sorry," Myles apologised, obviously sarcastically. "Now, can I trust you to get dressed on your own?"
"Daddy!" Adam retorted. "Of course I can."
Myles gave him a nod and a smile before leaving the room. That was easier than expected, he thought whilst he walked back to his and Briar's bedroom, a lot easier. She was still in the ensuite, but getting dressed instead of showering. Quickly, Myles threw on a pair of blue jeans and a red t-shirt, just before Briar finished in the bathroom.
"You look beautiful, still," Myles said as she walked out wearing a white tank top, and black, ripped, skinny jeans. Her hair was nicely brushed and slithered down her shoulders.
Seeing Myles, and hearing his complement, she gave him a kiss on the cheek, and smiled at him before she asked, "Is Adam up? I need to make him breakfast."
"Yes," Myles replied. "He's getting dressed now."
     "Thank you," she said sweetly. "And what happened to your 'beauty sleep'?"
     "I figured doing a job for you is more important."
     "You're so sweet."
     "You're so cute."
     "You're so handsome."
     By now, they were both standing inches apart, her arms coiled around his neck, his around her waist. A small giggle escaped her lips, and his too. They couldn't help it.
     "You're so beautiful."
     With Myles' last comment being said, she instantly lent in and started kissing him, softly.
However, they were soon interrupted by an angry voice. "Ew! Mummy! Daddy! Stop it! I came to ask where my breakfast is, I'm hungry!"
Quickly, the couple pulled away and turned their heads to look at who had been yelling at them- Adam, of course. Slightly embarrassed, Briar's cheeks began to heat up slightly, while Myles just chuckled.
"Okay, my big boy," Briar says, walking towards Adam and away from her husband, "let's get you something to eat."
     Then, the Mother and Son walked off, hand in hand, leaving Myles alone in their bedroom, chuckling to himself.