Breathe

I was in big trouble. 

Without even thinking, I was up on my feet and running toward the figure that was quickly walking away. The closer I got to him, the more detailed his anger was expressed; clenched fists, tense shoulders, quick steps - all factors of a new side of Tyler I'd experience in just a few moments. "Tyler, stop!" My asthma wasn't doing me any good because I had forgotten to take it this morning and in this weather, including the amount of pollen I'd probably inhaled (because I was allergic to that, too), my lungs weren't at their exact best. When he didn't listen, I pushed myself more until I grabbed his wrist and used him to stop myself, which meant spinning him around with vigorous strength. I thanked gravity as those hazel eyes bored down at me. No, they weren't hazel. They were almost this eery brown - bordering black. 

"Tyler, it's not what you thi-"

"Save it, Ellie." His voice was so sharp I bet it could have sliced through frozen butter (those blocks are way harder than you'd think). He turned his back to me and had just been about to walk away when I side stepped and turned so I blocked him from his path. 

"No, Tyler, listen to me. I didn't even know tha-"

"How the hell could you lie to me?" He yelled, throwing his hands up in the air. His voice had such strength I wasn't surprised when I flicked my gaze away, only to see some people staring. Now I know why he wanted me to save it. Well it was too late to go back. Was this about the rose? Did he think I was cheating on him?

"You've got it wrong, Tyler, I would never do that. Levi's-"

"I said save i-"

"Stop interrupting me!" I shouted in exasperation. God, how did the people in the movies handle this crap? I didn't like people cutting me off. It was one of my pet peeves. "Look," I took a deep breath and dared another look up into his eyes and caught sight of something - an emotion - that made me feel guilty almost instantaneously; hurt. He was hurt. This is why I wanted to explain myself, I didn't want to get into this huge fight that meant nothing because Levi wasn't who Tyler thought he was. Tentitavely, I reached out and took his callused hand his mine and took a small step forward. His eyes, they showed uncertainty and for a brief moment, I wondered what he had seen from his point of view. Maybe it looked as if we had...done things. "Tyler, please, just give me a minute to explain." I pleaded softly, giving his hand a gentle squeeze. It took him a few moments to convey up the words I wanted to hear, but he said them - or rather it.

"Fine." I wasted no time.

"Levi is not some secret boyfriend, okay? He's just a really good friend and I haven't seen him for years now and I just found out that he's moving in next door. We were just catching up." 

He arched an eyebrow, unimpressed with my explanation. I opened my mouth in order to say something but a voice cut in and it wasn't mine, nor Tyler's. Oh no. 

"So you're Tyler, huh? In my opinion, you could've done better than this prick." What the hell was Levi saying? Hadn't I told him no one was supposed to know we were together? Fuck. Tyler's eyes glare into mine and I know that I've messed things up; I shouldn't have told Levi. Big mistake. Big, fat, huge mistake. 

Tyler whipped around to face Levi with such anger, I, myself, had flinched back. Much to my suprise, Levi hadn't even budged, including a blink of surprise. 

"I'd stay the fuck out of this if you want to keep that face." 

"Beating the shit out of me will only make you prove my point that you're a douchebag."

"Save it for when you're crying in your mommy's arms, sweetheart." And with that, Tyler's hand had raised so fast that it looked as if the sound of the impact had come even before the actual contact. And off it went, one flying fist at a time. Both of them were on the ground before I could have even reacted. Not that my reaction did make much of a difference.

"Stop it, guys! Break it up!" I screeched, worry flooding my entire body as I tried to break them apart. To no avail did my efforts come in handy. I continued to pester them and it didn't take long before I did what I didn't want to resort to but I just couldn't stand to see them fight. I mean, I cared about these two boys and Levi didn't understand that Tyler's tattoos didn't mean he was some jerk. Yeah, he didn't seem like the friendliest guy, but you didn't judge a book by it's cover, right?

Without thinking, I threw myself in between the two and tried to get both of my hands on both of their chests. I had in my mind that if I could do that and muster the strength to push them apart just a little, they'd each get enought oxygen in their testosterone invaded minds to realize that they ought to stop before they pummeled each other to death. But before any of that could be brought into action, I felt a sharp, horrific, pain break across my cheek and it felt as if I couldn't feel the ground anymore . 

The shock that followed made every one of my bones vibrate as the adrenaline dished out temporary painless sort of hormones. Within a few seconds, I had gone from seeing absolutely nothing to my eyes slowly letting the light infiltrate, but it didn't feel good. I felt like throwing up. 

'You motherfucker!" I hear a voice bellow and I can make out that it's Tyler's voice. 

"Shit, Ellie! Ellie are you alright? I'm so sorr-"

"Get the fuck out of here you bastard!" 

No, no, Levi. It's okay. I wanted to tell him that it was okay, that I kind of had brought it on myself but when I felt an arm behind me, holding me up and a painful hand wiping my cheek, I was able to make out a red liquid tainting his hand and for a reason unbesknownst to me, I knew it was mine.

And then I passed out.

Hey hey...so this isn't the best of chapters but it's something, right? Well, don't forget to give your fellow write some sort of acknowledgement that your reading her work ^^' Any critiques or suggestions or if you want to just leave a comment because, then be my guest! :D Good night!