Chapter 9: Lake House

Chapter 9:

Victoria's POV:

Ugh, im starving!! When are we gonna get food!? My stomach growled loudly. I looked over at Jason, he was holding back a laugh.

"What are you waiting for? Me to say something? Lets get food!" I said to him.

"We are on a highway, going to a destination that you know nothing about, and you want food right now?" he said sarcastically. I pouted my lips.

"Can we get I-Hop?" I asked innocently. He rolled his eyes. On the side of the road was a big blue sign labeled Rest Stop. Hey! Whatda know? It's got the I-Hop symbol on it!!

We both look at each other at the same time. I begin to smile.

"Jasy, pwease can we go to I-Hop? Pwease wif syrup on top?" I asked in a baby voice.

"Jasy? Really?" he said, looking at me. I had my best begging face on.

"Alright, alright! Ok! We'll get some

Damn I-Hop!" he said.

"Yay! Thank you Jasy!" I yelled and leaned over to hug him.

"Yea, ok. Now get off of me before I crash this rapist van," he said. I couldn't help but laugh.

Finally, we pulled up to I-Hop. Can I say, it looked beautiful. The thought of warm, soft pancakes and syrup was in my mind.

"Food!!" I practically screamed and jumped out of our van.

"Calm down!" Jason said harshly, "girls and food...."

"What was that, McCann?" I said sharply.

"Oh, what? Nothing," he said. Heehee, he's so cute! We walked into the building and got seated almost immediately. This place barely had any people in it.

We ordered our food and just sat their awkwardly. Oh so we can converse in a rapists van but not in public?

"How'd ya sleep last night?" I asked suddenly. Woah, way to be a creeper Tori, way to be.

He looked at me funny.

"Umm, good. What about you?" he asked back.

"Oh, ya know! Same old dreams about weird things," I answered awkwardly.

Finally, our food arrived. Without a word, we both dug into our food and we both finished quickly.

"Damn, do you eat fast for a girl," he said. I looked up from my plate and sat up.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked.

"Uh, nothing," he said. He payed the bill and we got up and exited. As we were walking, a cold breeze blew through. I shivered slightly. Jason noticed and he put his arm around me and pulled me close.

I felt... safe, happy, and secure.

Too bad we got to the van. The moment died then. We got into the van and Jason started to pull out of the I-Hop parking lot. I reached for the radio and turned it on.

AND ALLLLLLLLLLLL I NEED, IS A BEAUTY AND A BEAT, WHO CAN MAKE MY LIFE COMPLETE.

Hell yea!! I'm a HUGE belieber, in case ya didnt know. This was THE. BEST. SONG. EVER.

"Ugh not that fag," Jason said. I turned and gave Jason the death stare.

"First, his voice is an octave deeper than yours. Second, more girls want him than more girls would want you in your entire life. And he's got more tattoos than you have brain cells," I said angrily.