Chapter Three: Horde

I hear the loud growls of the zombies as they charge at Wilson, Logan, and I.

When one gets close to me, I swing the broom stick at it's head, and a crushing sound rung in my ears. Blood flew everywhere and Wilson and Logan started whacking zombies left and right.

I jump in front of them, in fear that one of them would get bitten.

We clear out the zombies outside of the bungalow and look around. Platinum Beach looks really different when nobody is walking around. There is trash everywhere and a lot of blood covers the sand and wooden docks.

An empty car sits on the edge of the beach.

"The car!" Logan screams. We all run towards it and Wilson checks to see if we can ride in it.

"Damn it! The engine is missing a part." Wilson screams as he slaps the hood down on the car.

I look into the window and see ammunition in the drivers seat, and a dead body in the passenger seat.

It may sound stupid, but I have to get that ammunition. I open the door and reach my hand in, only to have it get grabbed by the body in the passenger seat. I grab the ammunition and smash the zombie's head with the broom stick.

I can tell that all three of us are covered in blood and probably look like zombies.

"C'mon. I know where the lifeguard tower is." I say.

Logan asks, "But don't we need a key to get in the fence?"

Shit.

"Oh, that key is in another lifeguard bungalow." Wilson says as he leads us down the beach.

We stealth our way past hordes of zombies and reach the bungalow.

"Help me!" A girl screams from inside the bungalow.

Wilson and Logan try to pry the door open as I shout, "What's your name and age?"

"Logan, age 16." Logan grunts.

"Not you, dumb-fuck." I snap.

"Gemma, age 17. Please let me out. I killed my parents and hid here but now I can't get out." The girl in the bungalow shouts.

"Ok, Gemma. I'm Cindy, 14. We're trying to get you out!" I shout.

I hear a distant growl as the doors to the bungalow fly open.

Gemma runs out to reveal a very pretty girl with tan skin, gray eyes, and long, flowing blonde hair.

"We need to get some where safe. LOOK OUT, AN INFECTED IS BEHIND YOU!" Gemma screams as she points at me.

I turn around and get pushed down by someone who isn't fully a zombie yet.

Logan takes the paddle and swings it at it head, leaving a crunching sound. Blood goes everywhere and half of it's head flew off.

"Thanks." I say, getting up.

"We need to get back to safety. I know what caused this." Gemma says as she runs towards the lifeguard bungalow we came from.

Logan, Wilson, and I all run after her and once we get inside, we check Gemma for bites.

"I'm completely fine. I know what caused this but I don't know how to cure it." Gemma says, getting out a very confusing looking laptop.

"This island is the only place on the world that's infected." Gemma says as she types stuff on her laptop.

"Look." She says as she shows us an infected blood cell.

"So..." Logan asks slowly.

"So, this is only recognized as one disease." Gemma points out.

"What disease?" Wilson asks.

Gemma says, "Mad Cow Disease."