Chapter Thirteen: Not Ready Yet

"Cindy?" I hear as I slowly opened my eyes. Logan was awake but he looked tired.

"You're fine!" I excitedly shout as I hug him. His skinny body is warm and sweaty, but I don't care. The only thing I cared about was the fact that Logan was ok.

"I'm breathing, right?" Logan scoffs. His smile is still white even after days without hygiene.

"Hm-yeah." I smile. We separate and I study Logan's blue eyes. They sparkle like little gems under the florescent light.

"How long was I out?" Logan asks.

I respond, "I don't know. I fell asleep while you were out."

"Yeah, your head was on my junk." Logan points out, laughing. I swear, boys just can't grow up.

"Nice to know. At least the smell isn't permanent." I scoff. Logan bursts out laughing, making Gemma walk into the infirmary.

"You guys ok?" Gemma yawns. Her eyes are barely open and judging by the quietness outside, it must be night time.

"We're fine. Go back to sleep." Logan shooed.

Gemma rolls her eyes and walks away, to tired to care anymore. I turn back to Logan as he stands up from the metal cot he was resting on. His joints pop with every movement he makes.

"You must've been sleeping really stiff." I say as I stretch myself.

"Guess so." Logan smiles.

Without warning, Logan walks over to me and gives me a big hug. His hand caresses the back of my head and I start to get confused.

Did he hear me when I told him I loved him?

"Uh..." I mumble.

Logan just squeezes me tighter until he's practically squeezing the life out of me. He loosens his grip and stares strait into my eyes. The feeling sends shivers down my spine, basically since I can't believe this is happening.

He leans in and presses his lips against mine. I instantly kiss him back and a warm feeling fills my insides. His lips are so soft and warm against mine.

He pulls back quickly when we both hear the doorknob rattle. The door opens to reveal Wilson.

"Ah, you two are up." Wilson sighs.

I smile and nod while Logan asks, "So, what's the plan now?"

Wilson sighs, "Well, the truck needs fixing. We are not ready yet."

Logan groans and I groan a little too.

"Be happy. You should just be happy that I'm actually doing this for you." Wilson said before he walks away.

Logan stands up and walks out of the room. I follow him to the garage where the truck is parked. It does look pretty damaged.

"We'll have to go to the mechanic's shop and fix it up there tomorrow. Right now, I just want to relax." I say, walking back into the main lobby area and buying a soda from the vending machine.

A/N: Sorry for the short chapters I'm updating. I will try to make the next one longer.

I think I'll update this story every Saturday. I'll make update days for the others but this one is a definite Saturday update.