1.

The Beginning

Bloom where you're planted - 1 Corinthians 7:17-24

I stood anxiously outside the door as I waited for Jim Nill and Tom Gaglardi to come back out of the locker room and get me to bring me inside. They had met me outside and led me into the arena, taking me down back halls that I would have never known existed.

I felt myself shaking slightly, but I wasn't sure if it was from my nerves of meeting everyone, or if it was because we were in a hockey arena surrounded by ice.

Maybe not the best idea to wear a skirt.

I began shifting weight from one leg to the other, trying to stop my feet from hurting because of the heels I decided to wear. They may have brought my outfit together, but they were fucking killing my feet.

I flipped my dark brown hair over my shoulder and leaned against the wall behind me, as I began tapping my foot to keep the blood flowing. My bag was starting to feel like it weighed a hundred pounds.

Finally the door opened and Jim and Tom came out smiling, I stood up straight and shot them a smile.

"Valentina!" Jim said with a smile, "Sorry for the wait! The guys get a little rowdy after practice."

I smiled and nodded my head, "Honestly, it's no problem! I'm excited to meet everyone!"

"Are you ready?" Tom asked, smiling at me.

I sighed internally because I was fucking petrified, "Yeah, of course!" I said, grinning nonetheless, trying to have an air of confidence.

The two gentlemen smiled at each other, "Well let's introduce you to the guys, okay?"

I smiled and nodded, as I followed them into the Dallas Stars locker room.

I was coming on to the Dallas Stars NHL team crew as a Social Media Manager. I was there to help them introduce new ideas to get people more interested in the social media aspect of the team. Get everyone more involved in the team's social media, so that fans can get more involved.

I stood beside Tom as the rest of the team looked at me, I looked down the line of people I was standing with and saw the teams head coach Lindy Ruff who smiled widely at me, which I returned back to him.

"Okay, guys," Jim called, bringing the boys attention away from me and over to him, "we're here to welcome a new member of the Dallas Stars family, this is Valentina Adessi. She's the new Social Media Manager. She's going to be overseeing all the aspects of the Dallas Stars Social Media. Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, everything. She graduated top of her class from Georgetown University. She's more than capable of taking care of us," Jim said with a smile, "So let's all welcome Valentina!" Jim finished, and he started clapping and everyone in the room joined in, making me smile as I looked around the room.

"Do you have anything to add?" Tom asked me.

I smiled a little and turned towards the team in front of me, "Well, I just wanted to say how excited I am to be part of the Dallas Stars family! I'm really excited to get to work on everything, and I have a lot of fun ideas so we can get fans involved and feel like they're part of everything."

"I have a question!" someone from the team piped up. I looked around at all of them standing in front of me, trying to figure out who was talking. Some of the guys moved out of the way to let him up to the front and that's when I saw who it was. Even without his jersey and uniform on I knew who it was, #91, Tyler Seguin smirking at me with his hockey stick in his hand.