Ch. 31 Last To Know

Alex's P.O.V

I really don't know how things could get better. Keaton had started remembering many things, he had been telling me how he had dreams but he didn't know if it was just a dream or if its something that had happened.

"Alex." I heard Keaton call me from somewhere around the house. "Oh there you are. Um I need to talk to you." He said.

"About?" I said as I took a sip of my soda.

"Well... the guys just told me that we're going on tour." He said.

"That's great!"

"Its a world tour and I still don't know how long where gonna be gone."

Now I know why he didn't seam that happy about it. I didn't say anything to him but I had to. "When does the tour start?"

"Next month."

"Oh."

Minutes Later ....

I was still thinking about what Keaton had told me. It didn't make sense, why would they go on tour if Keaton still wasn't well. I decided to go for a walk, it would help clear all my thought. As I walked by the kitchen when I heard the guys whispering.

"Should we tell Alex?" I heard Wesley say.

"No." Keaton almost cried out. "No," he repeated it quietly. "I don't want her to worry too much."

My heart was beating really fast, I wanted to know what they where talking about but I didn't want them to know I was spying on them. My curiosity won.

"What's gonna happen that you don't want me to worry about??" I asked loudly.

I caught them all by surprise.

"Um.... about...." Drew started to say. "...." He looked at Keaton then at Wesley.

"Are you gonna say anything??" I asked. "Keaton???"

I just stood there looking at him, just waiting for him to say something to me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier," he started to say. "I'm having surgery next week.... and it's either gonna help me remember everything or forget everything."

I just can't understand why he couldn't just tell me until he told me the last part. If he forgets everything then I'm done. I can't handle looking at him once more as he asks me Who are you?? I turned around and just walked out the door without saying anything ..not even a single word. Suddenly I just couldn't take it, I bursted into tears as I was walking outside.

*   *   *

I turned the door nob and silently shut the door behind me.

"Alex!!" I heard my sister scream out with joy. "Guess what?!"

"What?" I said as I tried to hide my sadness.

"Wesley asked me out today!!" She literally screamed out. "I'm sooooo happy!!"

"That's great!!" I said. "I'm so happy for you. I gotta go now.'' I was almost on the first step when suddenly I stopped. "Did you know about what was gonna happen to Keaton?" I didn't even turn.

"No. Why??" She said quietly.

She was lying, I knew it. I turned around to look her straight in the eyes. "Why didn't you tell me?!?! What if he had forgotten everything! what would you have said to me then?? The day he asks me who I am?"

She opened her mouth to say something but I didn't let her.

"Don't say anything. Just leave me alone." I ran upstairs. I heard her say sorry. Sorry? Sorry doesn't mean anything to me. I locked the door to my room. I started to fall down against the door when I heard another voice.

"Alex." Keaton said. "Please open the door."

"No."

"Please I need to talk to you." He said.

"No. I don't want to hear anything you have  to say."

"Please just listen. Please. I can't imagine my life without you in it and if I forget everything.... I need you to make me remember you. The girl that I feel in love with, The girl that makes me the happiest person in the world. Alex please just tell me you'll make me remember." He said.

"I don't know if I can. I'm sorry……."

"I understand." I heard his footsteps walk down the hall then stop and start getting louder. "Please just tell me you'll be at the hospital before the surgery."

"I will. I promise." Hopefully it won't be to say goodbye.

------------------------------------------

vote

comment

become a fan!