Chapter One

Simons POV

It has been almost six months since me and Baz got together. Almost six months since losing my magic, six months since defeating the Humdrum and killing the Mage (I still haven't quite forgiven myself for that yet! Baz keeps telling me to get over it. Like I could). Losing the Mage is literally like losing your father, I mean since I don't know my parents I suppose the Mage is the only adult I have ever actually looked up to! Does that make him a father figure? I wonder. I still have those bloody wings and tail. But they aren't so bad! Baz loves them although I'm beginning to think that he is getting tired of them! They are weighing me down a lot. I mean what is the point of having wings if you can't even fly with them??

Baz's POV

Simon and I have decided to start living together. Well it's more like he decided it. He lived two months with Penny before deciding that he couldn't do it anymore because he missed me and couldn't sleep without hearing me breathe or whatever. I was actually doing quite well on my own. I am not going to tell him that though. I'm not complaining or anything. I actually do prefer to live with Simon anyway and the bonus is that we don't have Penny with us twenty four hours a day complaining that we are being to loud. When Penny and Simon shared an apartment I would stay over three times a week and every time I was over we would have to check to make sure Penny wasn't around. It's not like we did anything anyway it's just that ever time she walked in on us flirting, making out or whatever she would get annoyed. It's not like that ever stopped us but it was quite frustrating! At least now with living in the same apartment we had the freedom to do whatever we wanted and she couldn't complain.

Simons POV

It's almost Baz's birthday and I have no clue what to get him or what to do. I know that it will have to be something big because that is what he deserves but I am afraid I have never been good at this. I even forgot two of Agatha's birthdays for the three years we went out. I don't think she cared but it doesn't change the fact that I was an awful boyfriend. I've admitted it before and I am admitting it again. That is why Agatha broke up with me. I won't let that happen with Baz. He is too important to me and he will do anything for me so the least I could do is return the favour. Why am I speaking like this? I need to get back to birthday planning! What does Baz want? I have tried asking him about a billion times and he always answers with "nothing." I don't understand why he can't just tell me what he wants.

Baz's POV

Simon is planning something for my birthday. It's pretty obvious. Every time I walk into the room he's in he will hide his pen and paper or his iPad or laptop depending on what he is using at the time. It's really cute. I would love to make the gift thing easier for him (I know he is struggling with it) but I actually don't want anything for my birthday. I have told him so many times but he won't let it go.

Just a short chapter that has nothing to do with the plot really. I rushed it because I've got a list of characters that I have created. I hope I can remember their names!!! I never realised how hard it is to write a story. I think I am getting the characters wrong!! Oh well. I haven't written Penny in it yet and I don't think she will be in the next chapter either. I'm so nervous to write her... Anyway I hope you have enjoyed the story so far.