Chapter 3: Secrets

"I need another story, something to get off my chest" ~ Secrets by OneRepublic

After brunch the six of us go up to the entertainment room that was created for us to relax in. I plop down in between Riley and Sara on the big fluffy couch.

"I've missed this couch so much." I told them cuddling up with a blanket and burying myself in the cushions. Laughs echoed around the room as Jared turned on the tv to one of those reality shows we always used to make fun of.

We made fun of the cake face make up and the slutty clothing. Jared pointed out the inappropriate jokes just in case any of us didn't catch them, and to be honest I didn't get any of them. So, I mentally thanked him.

By the time dinner rolled around we had watched four different shows and three episodes per show. All of us stumbled down the stairs laughing at how many 'problems' those people had. There were smiles on the adults' faces, "It's good to see all of you smiling again." Felicity bragged leading everyone into the dinning room.

It took us about an hour to finish diner with all of the food we were served. "Man, I haven't eaten this good in a long time." I told them as we made our way back upstairs.

"Hey, Em. I understand that you don't want to talk about it, but we all are wondering where you've been and what you've been doing." Riley threw his arm around my shoulders when his best friend, Robert, said that to me.

"I know you guys want to know. Trust me I do. But it's better for all of us if you don't know."

"So, you just want to keep it a secret from us?" The hurt in Sara's voice hit a nerve.

"Yeah, I guess so." And just like that everything fell into a deep silence. Jared and Sara were sitting together in the giant bean bag chair in the corner, Ayden and Robert were playing some new video game, and I was sitting next to Riley who reverted back to his phone. Everything that kind of fixed itself with me coming back broke again. I got up and left the uncomfortable environment, and did the only thing I knew how. I went to beat up some bad guys.

Maybe, I should've just stayed gone.

⭐️⚡️⭐️⚡️⭐️⚡️

I changed into my black costume(above but with a black mask) ready to take my anger and frustration out on some lowly criminal

I changed into my black costume(above but with a black mask) ready to take my anger and frustration out on some lowly criminal. It took me a minute to find who I wanted to beat up on the crapy laptop in my makeshift hideout.

Soon I was running across rooftops towards the tall building that is Jackson Living. This guy, Darren Jackson, has swindled hundreds of people out of thousands of dollars through his apartments. They're terrible little places to live with broken water and electric, you an only fit one person in them, and most of the doors have been kicked in. He gets these people to pay for repairs and then never repairs them.

When I got there I quietly snuck into his office after shorting out the circuit box. I pulled out my two sai ready to threaten him into giving the money back. "Darren Jackson." The middle aged man turned around with eyes as wide as saucers.

"Who are you?" The shaking of his voice told me he was scared and only encouraged me.

"My name is Overwatch, and you are going to give back all of the money you stole as well as fix all of the apartments up." My demand was met with protest, "Like hell I am! I have finally gotten to the top of the ladder and you expect me to go broke for those bastards?"

"I think you will." Right after I replied I threw one of my sai at his head. It landed in the wall to the right of his ear, just barely cutting it. Darren nodded fast before bolting out the door.

I'd know if he was going to give the money back.

⭐️⚡️⭐️⚡️⭐️⚡️
I finally got home at one in the morning and passed out on my bed immediately. When I woke up it was six in the morning and Robert was shaking me awake. "Get up, we have to enroll you in school."

Sighing I got up and started getting ready. Sitting in the car while Robert drove made me realize that getting five hours of sleep before school is stupid. A girl needs a good seven hours at the most for this crap.

I checked my phone when I heard the little 'ping'. Jackson was doing what I told him to, and he's telling everyone about Overwatch. It took everything I had not to smile and let Robert know something was up with me.

"Alright, Ms. Law. It appears that you were gone for grades seven through ten. Am I correct?" I nodded to the headmaster, Mrs. Downs. She looked down at the file on her desk probably contemplating whether to let me into school. "Welcome back, Ms.Law." She handed me a slip of paper.

"Fill this out for your classes, and you'll be enrolled by next Monday." I took the sheet, quickly filled it out, and handed it back to her. "See you Monday Mrs. Downs."

Throughout the day I was in a happy state while doing research. I was around my friends and family again, and I was doing what I was good at.