Four: something more

Laura's pov
I laid on Ross's bed listening to the conversation him and Rydel where having and thought about how Ross always stands up for me no matter what he really is a great best friend "Laur?" Ross waved his hand in front of my face "oh sorry...huh?" I said looking at him "Rocky  and Riker wanted to know if we want to watch a movie with them?" "Sure" I sat up and followed the boys and Rydel to the living room. I sat on the floor "Laur come sit next to me!" Ross patted the spot on the couch next to him "ok" I agreed and climbed on the couch next to him before Riker started a scary movie "AHHH!" Ross screamed at the movie "oh my gosh I'm going to cry" I shoved my face into Ross's shoulder "it's ok Laur" he whispered into my ear. There was suddenly a knock at the front door, we all jumped "Riker get the door" Rocky said pointing to the door "no way you get it!" "No way! Ross you get it" they all argued because they where to scared to open it "I'll get it" Rydel stood up and walked to the front door we could all hear her open it and then I heard the most haunting thing of all my dads voice "Where is Laura?!" He kinda yelled I knew he was drunk "she's not here Mr. Marano" I heard Rydel lie for me "Yeah right she's always here now let me in!" Riker and Rocky got up to go help Rydel "Ross I should go" I said standing up off the couch "No way Laur I'm not letting you go home with him!" He stood up and grabbed my arm "let's go upstairs and you can stay in my room until he leaves" we walked upstairs, "stay here Laur I'll be right back" he closed the door and I sat against the wall holding back tears.

Ross's pov
Once I left the room I walked downstairs to help the others with Laura's dad "where is Laura!?!" "We already told you Mr. Marano she's not here" Riker said trying to get him to leave "Kid your Laura's best friend where is she!?" He pointed to me as I walked to the door "I don't know Laura left hours ago" I said helping Riker and Rocky practically drag him outside
"I'm not leaving without her so tell me where she is!" He said trying to walk back inside. We managed to get him to leave and I walked back up to my room "Laur?" I said opening the door. She was sitting against the wall crying "oh Laur I'm sorry" I walked in and sat down next to her "I..I miss my m.mo..mom if she wa..was still alive he wouldn't be like this!" She sobbed into my shoulder, all I wanted to do was kiss her and tell her everything with be ok and that I loved her so much, more then anyone or anything else but there is no way Laura feels the same way about me she's my best friend and nothing more even though it feels like we have something more. "Laure it's ok he's gone I'm here and I'm going to protect you" she took her head off my shoulder and walked over to my bed and flopped down "Ross you shouldn't keep putting yourself in danger just because of me" "Laur you've been my best friend since forever and I will not let you get hurt" I flopped down next to her "you should get some rest" i said standing up and grabbing one of my sweatshirts that she could wear and went to ask Rydel if she had any shorts, she tosses me some and I went back with Laura "here wear this, it will be a little more comfy to sleep in" she smiled "thanks Ross" she threw and pillow at me "get out so I can change" she said as it hit me I laughed and grabbed a pair of shorts and walked to the bathroom to change.

More soon! I really hope you guys are enjoying this story I do promise it will get a little more exciting soon! <3 ~ Lilly:) love you guys