{6} Going on Tour?

After Shawn and I looked around for Sara for about 2 hours, we met back up.

"I have no clue where she is," I said, worried.

"Don't worry babe," and he hugged me, stroking my hair, "we'll find her. She's probably fine anyway. How old is she anyway, 14, 15?"

"15," I answered. "Hey, maybe she went back to the car."

"By the way, Emily, when will we see each other again? As you probably know this is my first concert for my world tour, and I'm leaving in a few days to go to New York, and then California, and then I'm leaving the country."

"The only way would be for me to go with you," and I stood on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek again.

"What will your parents say?"

"Well, my parents are divorced and I never see my dad, but my mom wouldn't care. She's never home anymore. And when she is she doesn't say anything to Sara or I."

"Aww, I'm sorry. But you are definitely welcome to come with me on this trip. In fact now that I think about it I need you to come. This is the first big step to my music career and I want you to be part of the memory." He picked me up and carried me out to my car.

And then we found Sara.

She was making out with someone in the backseat of my car. From the back I couldn't tell, but when Sara saw Shawn and I and sat up, I saw that she was kissing Kian Lawley, a YouTuber she has liked for a few years now. What was Kian doing at a Shawn Mendes concert?

~ ~ ~

I looked at Shawn with a confused look and I told him not to go but to give me a second. I opened the car door.

"Um, Sara, why are you using my car as a make out lounge? And Kian why are you at a Shawn Mendes concert? It's a pleasure to meet you, but not like this," I chuckled and they got out of the car.

"Oh, Emily, I'm so sorry. I saw Kian walk by as you were talking with Shawn and I ran after him and we met, and kind of hit it off and here we are, I figured you would think to find me out here eventually," Sara explained.

"But Kian, why are you here at a Shawn Mendes concert?"

"Oh, Emily, Kian and I are like best friends. Our parents grew up together and so we have known each other for a while. But lately we have been kind of distant so the media doesn't know about it. We plan to keep it that way, we don't need Shawn and Kian ships out there."

"Yea," Kian agreed, wiping his lips.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye Kian," Sara said sadly.

"Call me," Kian said, winking. He got out of my car and walked back toward the building.

"So Sara, I forgive you for running off and being missing for 2 hours. We need to head home soon. And I have to talk to you about something."

"Are you leaving babe?" Shawn asked, a frown forming.

"Yea, I have to go Shawn, I'm sorry. But I will text and call and whatever, and I probably will see you soon depending on how it goes. I love you," I say, and then I get in the front seat holding my keys.

"I love you too Emily, see you later," and he walked back to the building, probably where he would gather his things and prepare throughout the week for his concert next week in New York. And hopefully, I would be going with him.

Once we were on the road, Sara broke the silence.

"Babe? I love you? Is Shawn your boyfriend now?"

"Um, yes actually. We exchanged phone numbers and I am NOT giving it to you because I know you, you can't keep a secret. You will tweet or post it somewhere and then Shawn will get bombed with texts and calls and we don't want him to deal with that, do we? Anyway, how was your make out session with Kian? Isn't he like 20 or something?"

"Well, yea, but he seems younger doesn't he?"

"Not really, but that's none of my business. You are 15, and although I am your older sister and am responsible for you, I don't really want to be a part of your love life. I have done some things in my past and I just hope you learn from my mistakes. Be good Sara. Don't get into trouble with him."

"I won't," she said, loud and clear, but not firmly.

And we were silent for the rest of the ride home, mostly because Sara fell asleep in the passenger seat again.

~ ~ ~

We arrived home and it was a little after midnight. Mom's car was in the driveway, though, which was a good thing. I went into the house, and mom was sleeping heavily on the couch. I told Sara to be quiet, and we went upstairs into our rooms where she would probably text Kian and where I would text Shawn.

E: I miss you already so much.

A couple of minutes passed.

S: Oh you don't even know how much I want you on my lap right now, I'm working on a song for you babe <3

E: Oooh what's it about?

S: Surprise :P so did u tell ur sister and mom yet?

E: Um, not yet. I will now, text ya soon <3

I went downstairs and shook my mom who was still sleeping on the couch.

"Mom," I said, shaking her shoulder," wake up."

"Huh, w-what? Oh hi Sara."

"Are you drunk? It's Emily." I stared at her.

"Same difference," she said as she sat up on the couch. "What do you need so badly that you had to wake me up for?"

"I went to the Shawn Mendes concert and well, now Shawn is my boyfriend and I want to go on tour with him."

"What? You have responsibilities here! You can't just leave me to take care of your sister," she said, very pissed.

"Mom, that's your freakin job, take care of Sara. She is 15, she can do most everything on her own. Also, where have you been going these past few weeks?" I did smell alcohol on her breath.

"That's none of your business Emily."

"It is when it involves Sara and I. We are very worried about you."

"Well don't be? I don't need you two girls to get involved with everything."

"You don't need to blame the divorce on us, mom, and take it all out on us. Tell us what's happening, please," I was begging now, trying to stay calm. My mom has anger issues.

"SHUT THE HELL UP EMILY! GO TO YOUR ROOM! I DON'T FUCKING CARE IF YOU GO ON TOUR OR NOT! I JUST DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU!" And with that she passed out on the couch and frankly I didn't care. I just sat there, pondering what she just said. Maybe I should take Sara with me. I couldn't leave Sara here with our freakish mother who was losing her mind and becoming a terrible person.

I was going to go on tour with my new boyfriend, Shawn Mendes, and my sister was coming with me.