{7} Figuring Things Out

I woke up Sunday morning with a headache. I got myself out of bed around 9 and looked in the mirror. I was wearing my Shawn Mendes bra and panties and I figured I would take a picture for Shawn. I snapped a photo and sent it to him via Snapchat. Love you babe <3

I threw on a pair of pants and a t-shirt, thinking about how I was going to prepare for this trip. I wouldn't stay in any one place longer than a week, but I would have a chance to spend some quality time with my sister and boyfriend, who just happens to have been my celebrity crush since my I was 13.

Then I remembered school. It was May, so there was a month until summer. I couldn't just quit school, but then again, how was I to attend school if I am in another state, never mind another country!?

I decided to call the school and tell them I would be heading away and probably wouldn't finish the year. I would pick up my work and have all the final things handed in by the last day of school. If I was a year older, things would be much more complicated, with graduation and all. But since I was only a junior, I guess I could afford to skip a month of school.

After hanging up and figuring that out, I went to Sara's room. The door was open a crack so I let myself in and Sara was sitting up on her phone, earbuds popped in place. She reminded me of her at that age and younger.

"Texting Kian?"

It took a second for her to notice I was there. "Oh, me? Yea, just talking about when I will see him next."

"Nice. I came in to ask you, would you want to go on the Shawn Mendes tour with me? Shawn invited me and I already called the school and let them know I wouldn't be there, but it's your choice whether you come with me or stay here and finish off the year. I would rather you come with me because mom has been so chaotic and mental lately, I don't know what her problem is. Maybe we should give her her space."

"Whoa Emily that's cool, and I would LOVE to come with you. Oh, will Kian be there? If so then I'm in 100%," she said, getting excited.

"I'll text Shawn about Kian, but I know I'm going. DO you want to come? I need to know because we are heading out tomorrow. I would have to call the school about you too."

"Yea, sure Emily I'll come. Why not? A month off school, more time with my sister, amazing concerts, free food, and Kian, my new bae will be there," Sara's voice faded as her eyes drifted up, and I knew she was daydreaming about Kian, oh what it was like to be 15.

I went into my room and started packing my suitcase. Then I remembered I still had to call the school about Sara, and then probably text Mandi about all this, and then text Shawn to let him know that Sara and I were coming on the tour. So much to do.

Step one. Call the school. I dialed the number again and it went to voicemail this time. "Hello, this is Emily, a former junior of this school and I am calling to inform you that neither me nor my sister will be attending the rest of this year. A family emergency has come up and we are going to be traveling a lot in the next month. I would be happy to pick up anything from the school that is necessary. We will be returning next year. Thank you for your understanding, and please reply ASAP at 603-536-8573."

**A/N No that is not a real phone number, well I bet it is but please don't call it because it certainly isn't my phone number lol

The thing about the family emergency wasn't a lie, but it was a good supporting detail. Mom was in crazy mode and Sara and I couldn't really do anything to help, so this was our sort of escape plan - run away with our boyfriends and each other.

Time for step two. Text Mandi. I opened Kik.

E: Hey Mandi

M: Oh hey, what's up?

E: I am going on tour with Shawn Mendes around the world

M: Whoa, what did I miss, girl?

E: Well the concert yesterday was amazing, and the meet and greet went fantastically, and he asked me out and I am going on tour with him now. Plus my mom is being strange and she doesn't want us around.

M: That's awesome Em. I did notice your mom's behavior last time I was over. I hope she is ok. And what do you mean by we?

E: Oh I am taking Sara with me, she met her celebrity crush too and they are dating as well and apparently.. well I cant tell you Shawn told me not to, but I'm not going to finish off the year at school

M: Yea I understand. You are so lucky though! I hope you have a great time. Don't forget to text me!

E: I won't. See ya later :P

Step three now. Text Shawn.

E: Hey babe <3 how r u

S: I'd be better if you were here :*

E: Aww so sweet, well anyway I wanted to confirm that Sara and I will be going on tour with you, when are we leaving for New York?

S: Wednesday, but there's lots of preparation that you and Sara could help with if you have the time. There is equipment to be moved and clothing to pack.

E: Sounds good to me, should I meet you at the studio tomorrow?

S: No, I'll pick you up at your house :)

E: But it's so far away..

S: I'll live. What's your address?

I gave him my address.

S: Cool. So I'll see you tomorrow babe?

E: Yea, I love you.

Plans were set in motion. I would be traveling to New York with Shawn in just three days.