Chapter 05 - Plan

Ace

I went to bed and replayed my conversation with Chase. He was very serious about that "deal".

I never would've got into that deal if I hadn't been so transparent. I can't believe he actually manipulated me for a while back there.

I got my phone and reread my text convos with Alex when we were still together.

We were happy. Too happy, and everything was perfect. I thought fell inlove with him because everything felt so real. I thought he was the one but then he wasn't. He broke up with me—not to mention the timing.

"Yo."

I was pulled out of my reverie by a familiar voice.
Not him again?

I looked at my door and Chase Alexander was there, wearing jeans, a hoodie, and his signature grin. He was also holding what seemed to be a Starbucks paperbag and some groceries.

Right. Midnight motherfucking snacks.

He opened the light, went towards me and handed me what seemed to be a green tea cream Starbucks drink.

"How did you know my favorite?" I said between sips.

"It is?" he grinned. "Lucky guess."

Bullshit.

"Already starting?" I frowned. "And how do you know where I liv—"

"Alex." Chase smiled.
I lose sight of his eyes when he smiles. It's like his eyes were also smiling.

"Oh." was all I said.

"About that.." Chase stuffed chips into his mouth, making the rest of what he was saying sound muffly. "Fill me in."

I looked at him first, took a deep breath and started.

"Your friend Alex broke up with me just 8 days after mom and Avery passed away. I forgot how it felt. All I know was that I almost felt like hanging myself. You know?"

"Did he tell you why?"

"Yeah. He said it was some stupid arranged marriage."

"Seriously?" Chase started chuckling. "Well, I didn't like the guy either. He and I are friends but we never got along well."

"Sure. Okay, let's cut to the chase, Chase. I want to make him feel the pain I felt. I know it sounds barbaric—"

"It doesn't. He did this to you." He said, gesturing his fingers to my whole body.

"What?" I asked, puzzled.

"It's just right. Revenge, huh? He deserves it." he smiled. That smile, makes me want to change my mind about throwing him out the window. "Did you come up of a plan yet?"

"All I know is that I'll be having one, for sure. I just didn't come up with something solid."

"I see. Any plans on Saturday?" he asked.

"Sara did say she was throwing a batch party so I don't know If I could—"

"Perfect." he grinned.

"What do you—"

"Shh." He placed a finger on my lips. "Here's the plan..."

He told me about the "plan" and I totally agreed with it. I have to admit, Chase is not that bad.

It striked 4am and we didn't notice we've been talking & telling stories to each-other for hours already. He got up and got ready to go.

"Thanks." I said when he was about to leave.

He looked back and smirked. "You're welcome, princess." and left.

Princess? What's up with that?

~•~

Saturday rolled in so fast.

Here I am, in my room, getting ready for the party. Elle and I shopped a few hours ago for the clothes and got our hair done. All I'm doing right now is apply liptint because the lack of sleep I had these past few days made me look colorless as fuck.

Buzz.

I looked at my phone and saw the text message I've been waiting for ages.

To: Ace
From: Chase

Can't go there to get you. I'm having issues with my new car so I had someone else drive you there. See ya, Stacey. :)

I rolled my eyes. Whatever.

Ding Dong

Honor called me after awhile and said someone was waiting for me outside. I got my stuff, went out and saw Lucas, leaning on a top-down Limited Edition G-Wagon.

"You look swell, milady."