Chapter 02 - Seatmate

Ace

I sat down my seat and stared blankly at Mrs. Chessy, who was looking at me as well.
I honestly don't know why I felt like going to school today. Missed my friends? That's not it. There's some investigating I needed to do on Alex Steele's "future wife", and I thought now would be the right time.

I looked around the room. No sign of Alex in this class—and, everyone was staring at me.

"You know why?" a voice beside me whispered. No need to look at him to know who it was.

Chase Alexander. Tall, fair complexion, light blue eyes, and messy brown hair. Definitely a member of The Gang.
Even their groupname sounds yucky. "The Gang" what the fuck. They're like a duplicate for our clique, except the fact that the members were boys.

They're all good looking jerks. Alex is one of them, actually. That doesn't mean this Chase guy is any better than him.

"You look quite nice today, Stacey." Chase whispered in a deep voice. Tryna hit on me during class huh?

"I'm not hitting on you." I could see with my peripheral vision that he was smirking. Was he reading my mind?

"You say that as if I was wanting you to hit on me. Fuck off." I said smugly.

"Right. Well, I wasn't. Missed seeing you around, are you okay already?" he said then let out a yawn, resting his head on the table of his armchair afterwards. I now had a good view of him. His face does scream playboy.

I glared at him and stared back at Mrs. Chessy, who was now discussing something I couldn't hear because of this annoying bastard.

"Silence means yes, I guess." He grinned like a child who got his first lollipop. "Welcome back."

"Whatever." I muttered under my breath.

"—and for a welcoming gift, I'd like to introduce someone to you." he said.

"I'm not in the mood of meeting anyone." I said with my left brow raised.

He pouted his lower lip at me like a little kid that's about to cry. I raised my brow even more.

I turned back at the teacher and I could finally catch up to the discussion.

~•~

It was the last seconds of the last subject and everyone was so ready to pick up their bags and dash out when the bell rings. I stayed put to where I was, busy observing the people around me. When everyone was out, four people came back in the classroom.

"You finally showed up." Sara crossed her arms then smiled widely.

"I missed you." Elle walked towards me and hugged me tightly. I slapped her arms away from me, I knew I'd have to make an effort catching my last breath if she continued.
Being the sadist-kinda, she slapped my shoulder hard and laughed loudly.

"You okay?"
"What are you feeling?"
Barbie and Eve chorused.

"I guess I'm okay." I let out a small smile and stood up, walking out the room. I wanted to go somewhere quiet and peaceful all of the sudden.

After hours of the teachers' talk & the deafening voices of the other students during in-between subjects, I wanted to go somewhere void of noise.

I went to the park at the back of the school, a place only few people go to because it's quite forbidden.

"Didn't expect to see you here, sugar plum."

Ladies & Gentlemen, The great Chase Alexander, here to annoy you once more.

I looked at his direction and it wasn't just him. He was with another member of The Gang, but I never really got the chance to know his name.

"Hi." the other guy walked up to me. "I'm Lucas." he smirked and reached his hand out, waiting for me to shake it.

I just looked at his hand with furrowed brows, then looked at him.
Blonde hair, silver eyes, pretty tall but he's maybe an inch shorter than Chase.
"Another good-looking jerk.", I thought.

He lowered his hand and put it in a pocket. "You can just call me Luke."

"I don't think I'm ever gonna call you anything." I let out a small snicker.

"Oh yeah? Soon you're gonna be calling him babe." Chase teased. I just rolled my eyes to this and started walking away.

I felt a hand grip my arm. Looks like this jackass chased after me.

"Are you really rejecting him?!" Chase whispered in a high pitch, as if he was screaming at me, but without Luke noticing.

"Give me a reason not to." I frowned.

"He likes you. If you give him a chance, I'll stop annoying you." He heaved and rested his hands on his knees.

"Pfft. You really think it's that easy?" I huffed. These jerks really think girls are easy. Well, at least not me.

"Nope. Not at all. He said he'd do anything." Chase winked.

"Shut the fuck up." I shrugged and started walking towards the exit of the school to go home.

Therefore, I conclude that my seatmate is cray-cray for dragging me into this.